Viewing 36 posts - 41 through 76 (of 76 total)
  • Whats the best MTB related thing you bough in 2012
  • RustySpanner

stewartc
    Free Member

My Santa Cruz TRc frame…

GlitterGary
    Free Member

A subscription to MBUK.

orangeboy
    Free Member

So not much a purchase. But signed up to strava and has made my comute far more interesting as well as making me fitter

ononeorange

Couldn’t get the Mint Sauce keyring, so it has to be the last ever Cotic Simple frame (in non-clown size).

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

My Les Arc/Sainte Foy ticket.

tk46hal
    Free Member

A pair of the Endura Singletrack waterproof trousers and they stop your boats filling up with cold water!

rudedog
    Free Member

Reverb

kiwijohn

SB66

wonnyj
    Free Member

Hosepipe for washing it

BadlyWiredDog

Cake.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

A PowerTap wheel so I can monitor and measure my training

Coyote
    Free Member

Re-geared (1×9) my Coyote Dual with SLX kit after a couple of years as a SS. Almost like having a new bike, fallen in love with it all over again! Might stick some wider bars on it next. 8)

relliott6879
    Free Member

Deore discs, secondhand Hope stem, secondhand Easton EA70 low-riser.

Toasty

Like most people in here, an Orange Five frame, pimped out with Kashima and some Float 32 RLCs. Sold my old frame, so a Reverb will likely follow tomorrow.

Some Sunline V1 745s and a Sunline XC 80mm stem too, I think that was this year.

binners

A pair of Sombrio hi-line shorts that are the comfiest thing I’ve ever worn on the bike

benman
    Free Member

The only (and best) bike related thing I’ve bought so far this year is a bottle of stans fluid so I could go tubeless (valves were free – old innertubes cut up)

DrRSwank
    Free Member

Decree Absolute

boxfish
    Free Member

A couple of bread rolls for trailside puncture repairs…

PJM1974
    Free Member

Easy, an Orange Pure 7 frame.

I’ve now got something to hang my spare Hope headset and Rockshox Pikes from. Of course, it meant I had to buy a new Pro 2/719 wheelset, Deore cranks and a Charge Spoon saddle but the resulting bike is ace.

benman
    Free Member

DrRSwank – Member
    Decree Absolute

Ooo, I’ve got one of those coming to. Decree Nisi was yesterday 🙂

Other best bike purchase was a GT Avalanche for the new missus 🙂

binners

Actually…. good piont PJM… my Orange Pure 7. I bloody love it!!!

PJM1974
    Free Member

I finished my Pure 7 just a couple of weeks before I had an op on my shoulder, which means to cycling until late May at the very earliest.

I’m desperate to ride that bike again 🙁

I miss riding it more than I do either of my FS bikes.

fairhurst
    Free Member

my met parachute at a bargain price i might add.

binners

PJM – I bought mine about 3 months ago. Since then my full suss has been out the grand total of…. once! The Orange? Virtually daily! I’m absolutely loving it!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Ermmmmmmmmmm, dunno? Not bought anything game changeing this year yet.

Top 3 of 2011 for me.
    1st prize: Propper winter shoes, waterproof, gore tex, fleacey lining the full kaboodle, best £150 I’ve ever spent on bikey bits
    2nd prize: Singular swift (or generaly the upgrade from rigid SS 26er to 29er)
    3rd prize Reverb (good, and worth the money, but I don’t ride more because of it which is what the other two achieve)

Probable top 3 for 2012 once they’ve been bought/built:
    1st: Building up a new bike for the missus so she can stop making excuses not to ride with me.
    2nd: Lyriks
    3rd: New XT brakes or super thin flat pedals, both will be an uprage in feel if not performance, looking foreward to seeing which is the more worthwhile as I already had Mk2 burgtechs and avid elixirs.

IMO the best money spent is always petrol/time/flights/accomodation/guiding to ride somewhere new though, even if a week in spain/italy/wherever cost as much/more than a set of fox forks!

vorlich
    Free Member

Cable cutters!

PJM1974
    Free Member

Thanks binners!

I bought mine as a commuting bike to share with stepson 1, but after the first ride I decided it was too good for him and that I ought to keep it for special occasions only.

It’s my first hardtail in eight years and I cannot for the life of me understand why I didn’t buy one sooner.

honourablegeorge

Hans Dampf tyres, I’d say.

Or maybe Devilles – first ride on them tonight, at last.

avdave2

I’m hoping it’ll be the C456 frame I got for £250. £250 I wouldn’t have spent if someone on here hadn’t started a thread on it and I hadn’t been killing a few minutes waiting for a cab to take me to the airport.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

2 weeks with mountainbikekerala.com in india to celebrate my 40th.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/a-terrific-10-days-with-mountainbikekerala

binners

Sorry PJM1974!!! Didn’t men to rub it in. I hope you’re all betterer and back in the saddle soon fella!! 😀

I_Ache
    Free Member

Cotic BFe. I know they are a bit of the STW luvvie bike at the moment but I find mine so much fun. Much more suitable for my local stuff than my FS, and I can actually jump with it. I still love my FS and find that great fun but its just different.

gazc
    Free Member

orange 224 – knew I shouldn’t have sold my DH bike years ago

ads678

Finished my Five build that has been about 8 months in the making with the last bit being a Gravity Dropper off Ebay. Best MTB thing ever.

and you’ve still not put a picture of it on your darksnow thread……..

ads678

Oh and a blackspire stinger, and a trail-gator for the boy!

Viewing 36 posts - 41 through 76 (of 76 total)

The topic ‘Whats the best MTB related thing you bough in 2012’ is closed to new replies.