• This topic has 14 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by Lanesra.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • What’s the best location to stay at in Barcelona?
  • Daffy

Which is the best area within the city for a few days of touristy behaviour?

ton

bari gotti (latin quater)

Daffy

Hey Tony, Do you happen to know which area it is on this map?

http://www.expedia.co.uk/daily/shared/products/hotels/Result.aspx

Daffy

I got it, thanks Ton.

SiB
    Free Member

http://www.booking.com/hotels/hotel/es/hosteria-grau.html?aid=320752&tab=2&label=tripadimg-901-93521&lang=en

It was a few years ago now but would definitely go back, nothing plush but authentic in a rambly kind of way. Good guest reviews on above link.

From memory if you’re looking for al mod cons with sky/sat and a fancy restaurant to dine in – forget it. Good bar with tapas though and soooooooooo centrally located even though you feel a bit off the beaten track.

SiB
    Free Member

forgot to mention – we booked direct with hotel online, alot cheaper and very friendly staff

grumm
    Free Member

Not that skint then? 😛

Daffy

£33 return flight, and it’s my stag do….

rickmeister

Another vote for the Hosteria Grau… stayed there a lot when doing some work for Sony. Great location, good bars nearby, close to the underground/bus from the airport, free wifi.. close to the top of the Ramblas… whats not to like?

hora
    Free Member

Daddy for NY we stayed in Los Ramblos and booked a apartment directly. I could send you the link to the apts url that we used?
    Personally though I can think of better places to go for a blokes stag doo 🙄
    You wont find dwarf strippers in cages in Barcelona.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

There is a nice place called ‘The Bagdad Club’ – very pleasant and family-friendly too.

😉

(No, seriously, NEVER take a child near the place).

:-O

hora
    Free Member

Daddy? I mean DAFFY

Daffy

Morning fellas,

Hora, please do mate.

hora
    Free Member

Girls are at the cinema at the mo (who I went with). When they are back in will post up. Cleanliness/layout will be like for like with Manchester/Leeds/Sheffield city centre new development apartments.

Lanesra
    Free Member

Hotel Arts is the only place to stay in Barca. In the top 10 of Hotels I’ve stayed in

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘What’s the best location to stay at in Barcelona?’ is closed to new replies.