Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Whats the Best Helmet
  • reedspeed
    Free Member

i need a new Helmet,& id like to know,in your oppionins whats the best ?,not the most expensive,as thats not always the best,but i wanna know,whats the best ??..

i currentley have a Met terra..

RoterStern
    Free Member

The answer is the one that fits your head the best.

rocketman
    Free Member

As above whichever one fits you the best. Try some on and see what’s comfortable.

Ideally you need as much of the helmet in contact with your head as possible to disperse an impact. Beware of elaborate retention systems they can make an ill-fitting helmet seem OK. You shouldn’t be able to get a finger between the helmet and your head if it’s the right shape.

FWIW Giro tend to suit people with oval-section heads

Northwind

Fit rules out any that don’t fit but it doesn’t really make any the best- there’ll be more than one helmet that fits you well. It’ll run your choices right down though and make things simpler.

Personally, I reckon the Fox Striker is an excellent helmet- it’s light, has decent coverage, good vents, is very comfy, and not too expensive. Haven’t found one i’d rather have yet, though it does have marginally less “back of head” cover than my old Flux and some others have.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Any ideas fit-wise for a long narrow bonce? (Giros are too round for me).

Rorschach
    Free Member

Bell’s (seriously).

Northwind

Giro seem to vary quite a lot- I had a Hex that I loved but the Xen and Xar aren’t close to fitting me.

wrecker
    Free Member

Personally, I reckon the Fox Striker is an excellent helmet- it’s light, has decent coverage, good vents, is very comfy, and not too expensive.

I like mine. Tempted by the new Bell super though but if it doesn’t fit, I won’t be buying one.

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

The Stork Glans is easily the best helmet…I love mine, although I wish I’d got a larger one. Limited range of colours.

Coyote
    Free Member

Kali Chakra fits me well. Reasonable price too.

slimjim78
    Free Member

a purple one

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Uvex XP100 is super light and very adjustable, with good coverage and good ventilation. And not too expensive either.

I think its now called the XP CC.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

i recommend bell helmets – anything with a full shell wrap too, for longevity and a hassle free adjustment system

suffolk
    Free Member

Another vote for the Uvex XP100/XP CC here. Really really good If you don’t fit Giros.

reedspeed
    Free Member

None have you have mentioned Poc!, arnt they any good?.

wallop

I don’t think many people can afford Poc!

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Giro road helmets don’t really fit me right despite having a Xen that did.
    Currently using Bell, Kask, Limar and Uvex…um i may have too many helmets.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Whats the Best Helmet’ is closed to new replies.