Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • whats the best fs bike for £1500
  • gfletch
    Free Member

hi everyone, got into mountain biking last year and bought a second hand giant anthem for £500, its now time for a new bike. i mainly ride xc, singletrack and local trail centre ( hamsterley forest ) any ideas what i should go for next, giant, lapierre, trek, scott, spesh, helllpppp 🙂

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Canyon nerve XC

stratman
    Free Member

I’m sure that everyone will say that it depends what you like doing. Lots of folks will tell you what they have and I’ll do the same. I’ve got an Anthem x. Great for Xc and singletrack. The x4 i think fits under your budget. They all have the same alu frame up to x1, so there’s upgrade potential. I love mine, it’s very fast!

I’d also go and try any that you want – the Giant store at Rutland hires them so I tried one for a couple of hours before deciding.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos

Anything canyon is hard to beat but I’ve never actually seen one in the flesh

Bucko

Another Anthem? They seem to get good reviews but i’ve never ridden one.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

I’m sure that everyone will say that it depends what you like doing. Lots of folks will tell you what they have and I’ll do the same.

That’s the correct answer.

So what dont you like about what you have now – what do you want different? EG more of the same but newer – lighter – tougher….. etc.

Leku
    Free Member
    postierich
    Free Member

Canyon Nerve xc 7.0 are very good, got last years and only changed the wheels so far for stronger wheels for Lakes riding!

Oh and a Reverb seatpost.

P3250446 by Richard Munro, on Flickr

gfletch
    Free Member

love the anthem, but my first bike since i was a kid, dont know if theres better bikes for the money, it seems everyone has theyre own view / opinion,

continuity
    Free Member

A second hand stumpy or fuel?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

The Anthem is pretty much one of the best XC/trail bikes you can get. Very few climb and decend as well and tend to compromise. Just demo other stuff to see what you think..

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘whats the best fs bike for £1500’ is closed to new replies.