Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • What's the best floor pump for tubeless?
  • rob2
    Free Member

Seem to have been getting thorn punctures a plenty recently so time to try tubeless. What’s the best high volume floor pump for setting up tubeless?

endurogangster
    Free Member

The biggest fastest one your arms can handle

stevede
    Free Member

My lezyne Hv floor drive is pretty impressive for mounting tyres tubeless.

Northwind

My cheap crappy Airtower 2s do an excellent job, good balance of high volume and not too much resistance. They do feel like they might explode at any moment, though.

chrssmale
    Free Member

Thought about making your own compressor? Cheap and avoids the frantic pumping you get when trying to seat the bead in the rim before your arms die.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/ghetto-tubeless-inflator-total-cost-9p

Edit: beaten to it

rob2
    Free Member

Yeah thought about the bottle option. Will give it a go but thought a pump might be a good option

warpcow
    Free Member

+1 for the Airtower. It’s inflated everything I’ve asked it to (Maxxis, Kenda and Schwalbe tyres) and only rarely requires proper crazy efforts.

cheers_drive

Lenzyne Dirt Drive. Works on tyres that wouldn’t even go up with CO2

sheck

You can always borrow my large volume joe blow…works much better than the lezyne one it recently replaced

rob2
    Free Member

True! Just went in my shed and three bikes have punctures!

matther01
    Free Member

Joe Blow II…does my car tyres as well.

nick1962
    Free Member

Apparently this one is “great for seating tubeless” but doesn’t appear to be suitable for higher pressure road tyres.

http://www.topeak.com/products/Pumps/jb_mountain

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘What's the best floor pump for tubeless?’ is closed to new replies.