Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • What’s the best electric shaver?
  • Stumpi
    Free Member

Ok, so, new job, out seeing clients most days meaning my shaving routine has changed to mean that I need to do it every day.

I’ve always struggled with this, and at 39 it’s not getting any better. I have a very thick growth ( no jokes please ) and get very sore shaving daily, so I thought I’d try a leccy shaver to see if it’s any better and less sore!

What dyou guys use? Are they as good as wet?

samuri
    Free Member

wet. nope.

how are you wet shaving? If you do it right you should have no issues. I’ve got the same issue. Electric razors slow down when they touch my face.

Before you shave are you having a face wash? You need to get your face all moistened up first. if it’s still causing problems after that then try using shaving oil, rub it right in. You can put shaving cream on top after that if you want.

Whcih razors? Bic’s blow. have you tried something like the 3-4 bladed gilettes? Expensive but quality cut.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

I used to use a Remington sensitive (ahhhhh!), which was good but basic.
    I tried a good phillishave rotary one for a year and didn’t get on with it at all (couldn’t get a close shave/irritated the **** out of my neck).

I now use one of the Braun 590cc Series 5 ones, which I got half price last year. It’s really good IMO, not perfect but gives no irritation at all. Only gripe with it is that the battery doesn’t last long enough to cut through my tough stubble.

I’ve found that the people at this website offer excellent service & help – give ’em a go; http://www.shavers.co.uk/

And i’m sorry but “just do wet shaving the right way & you won’t have problems” doesn’t cut the mustard for me. I tried every possible way but would more often than not end up with problem skin afterwards – it just doesn’t suit some people.

matt_outandabout

^ as samuri says – wet should be much gentler.

I use good razor (wilk sword 4 blade job) and some good shaving gel (king of shaves alphagel or bodyshop), and shave straight after a shower – which includes a good face wash. When camping/travelling I also use an oil, and that’s great too. Dont tell anyone but I also moisturise/razor rash cream after as well…)

My experience of electric razors (some old remington and a newer Philips was that they did not do a good job and struggled on my tough hair…and left a lot of rash.

Stumpi
    Free Member

Ok, well, thanks, but please, I’m 39, I’ve bought every damn razor out there from the most expensive multi blade jobs down to cheapies to try and find the best.
    I’ve used King of shaves oils, Molton Brown products, and everything in between over the years. I’ve tried hot flannels before shaving, soaking before shaving, and every other possible way to try and get a smooth shave and trust me boys, it don’t work for me!

If I go two to three days and then shave, great, no problem at all, but if I shave daily it’s a nightmare! And in this job, I have to now shave daily.

The only option i feel I have is to try an electric shaver, but don’t want to start spending 100s to try and find the best one.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘What’s the best electric shaver?’ is closed to new replies.