Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • What's the best day to take off from work?
  • piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

You’ve got days holiday to use up and nothing in particular that they are needed for. Which day is ‘best’ to take as leave?

Friday, so you finish the working week earlier? Could spend time getting bike in tip top condition for the weekend ride

Monday, so you extend your weekend? Time to sort out the mess / damage that the weekend ride created.

Mid week, to break up the working nonsense?

Of course, taking Friday and Monday id probably the correct answer, but what’s the consensus?

oldnpastit

Friday, so you don’t have to spend Friday evening stuck in a giant traffic jam on the A14 trying to get away to somewhere with hills.

ads678

Friday.

mogrim

Monday. Or wait until there’s a Bank Holiday and take Tuesday off.

geoffj

Depends which day the wife/kids are off

momo

Friday, definitely Friday, nothing like the feeling of walking out of work on Thursday afternoon knowing that everyone else still has to go back the next day while you can be sat with your feet up!

DickBarton

Christmas day

fathomer

A dry, sunny one?

hora
    Free Member

Peaks = Wednesday for the aircraft

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Take two 1/2 days

Monday morn…. ride your bike while the other muppets are trudging to work.

Friday afternoon ….. See ya

cloudnine
    Free Member

Everyday

mudshark
    Free Member

I used to take mid-week days off for a long road ride when had days to use up but a long weekend away is the best option if want to do something more.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

oldnpastit – Member
    Friday, so you don’t have to spend Friday evening stuck in a giant traffic jam on the A14 trying to get away to somewhere with hills.

Move to the hills and new er sit on the a14?
    If you have mates about a cheeky mid week can sort you out but it helps to live somewhere interesting to ride.

scaled
    Free Member

I was in the same situation.

Somehow I ended up at home for a week decorating the kids bedroom.

Drac

Christmas Day.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Somehow I ended up at home for a week decorating the kids bedroom.

I’ve been stuck in a decorating cycle for ages now whilst ‘we’ decorate. ‘We’ seems to be me doing everything. The ‘we’ bit is only evident when she comes in and inspects what ‘we’ have done 🙄

Seems to be Friday winning so far

jekkyl

Wednesday, defo for a ride and don’t tell the wife otherwise you’ll get stick for not doing house stuff. Just leave the house at the same time in the morning ‘bye darling’ with a bike in the back of course 😉

leegee

Monday, I find the traffic far worse and I have to leave home earlier as a result. Fridays I leave home later as the traffic is much better and we finish early and quite often very little work happens in the afternoon.

Cougar

Depends which day the wife/kids are off

… so you can avoid that day? (-:

Rubber_Buccaneer

Wednesday for the luxury of a mid-week ride when it’s quiet on the trails. Tuesday and Thursday are out because of evening rides, Friday is dress down so has the benefit of no shirt prep and Monday is for when you want a long weekend

matt_outandabout

Depends on other half and whether you want to have day off with them….

Usually for me, a day that tags onto a weekend – much better to have longer time off IME.

scotroutes

Every day between now and April.

#justsayin’

tenfoot

In the past I’ve had 3 days to use up before Christmas, so took 5 half days every Friday in November/early December, to ride my bike (plus the other half sometime). 5 Friday afternoons riding my bike was great, and made the weekend feel longer too.

GrahamS

I have EVERY Friday off (flexible working / reduced hours). I highly recommend it!

willard

If I take Friday off, I miss bacon butties at work. I know it’s a pretty weak reason for staying in work, but that may be why I still have 13 days to take by the end of this year.

PiknMix
    Free Member

Monday, it’s just so nice to be in bed and hearing the morning commute ramp up outside.

Drac

Bacon butties on Fridays or early finishes as there’s little work. 😕

What a very strange concept.

Northwind

I like a tuesday, a long weekend’s nice but spreading it out a bit seems to maximise the impact. Monday definitely better than Friday imo.

rossburton
    Free Member

Wednesday, because then you can pretend that your week is Monday Friday Saturday Monday Friday Saturday Sunday.

mahalo

Like Graham I also have most Fridays off, but Sunday nights are so sweet when you know your off the next day!! Friday is a great riding day tho, you can do the lakes or peaks safe in the knowledge there wont be too many foot-bandits knocking about! also love riding all day knowing I still have 2 more days off!!!

jekkyl

I have some holiday to use up so taking this wednesday off for a bit of white peak action. Forecast is sunny too, mint!

geoffj

… so you can avoid that day? (-:

8)

jonba
    Free Member

I normally take off a tuesday or a wednesday.

Friday, if I go for a big ride I’m too tired to enjoy another one Saturday. Same for Monday if I’ve ridden Sunday.

Wednesday means I’ve recovered from the weekend, have plenty of recovery time and it breaks the week up nicely.

In the middle 6 months of the year half days can work well. I can leave at noon and get in a 6 hour ride without much hassle.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Monday, thats what I do. Friday is usually a chilled-ish day at work so why take the day off when it’s easier / Friday feeling vibe

doris5000

Monday, thats what I do. Friday is usually a chilled-ish day at work so why take the day off when it’s easier / Friday feeling vibe

this. Everyone else takes Friday off, so it’s nice and quiet in the office and you can get stuff done (in t-shirt and trainers).

Have Monday instead!

trail_rat
    Free Member

any day its sunny !

robgclarkson
    Free Member

squealer
    Free Member

I only work Tuesdays and Wednesdays so usually get to ride on a Monday, Thursday and Friday.
    Riding/ having Monday off is the best day definitely. Everyone else Is stuck back at work whilst you’re having a great day. A fait few people seem to be around Friday so you don’t get the same feeling of being “special”!

Book Monday, do it.

FuzzyWuzzy

I would generally prefer Friday but have admin stuff to do (approving timesheets mostly) which makes it a pain to take a Friday off. That said PMs seem to like having project progress meetings on Monday so can be a hassle taking those off to.

andybrad

isnt he saying everyone?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘What's the best day to take off from work?’ is closed to new replies.