Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • Whats the best cyclist focused cafe / restaurant in the world?
  • Bushwacked
    Free Member

As above, wondering what makes a good cyclist friendly eatery / relaxery?

Mister-P
    Free Member

Look Mum No Hands on Old Street in London do some good pies.

kiwijohn

Cafe Racer in St Kilda, Melbourne.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

That looks the bollox! Will have to pay it a visit next time I'm in London 🙂

uplink
    Free Member

Well, I stopped at the Dales Biking Centre yesterday for a tea & cake
    The rich fruit cake came with a smile & a wedge of Wensleydale

That puts it high up on my list 🙂

warton
    Free Member

nanas cafe, capheaton, northumberland

Coyote
    Free Member

GLC, Whistler.

trail_rat
    Free Member

zookeepers in invercargill for me .. good food , great coffee , owner is always chatting bike.

loads of memorobilia from racing on the walls , owner a very keen cyclist

whole place is like tht with old bikes and jerseys all over the place – without feeling like clutter !

in contrast – aucklands cyclists cafe – where the messengers hang out couldnt have been more pretentious and pompous if they tried !

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

The Dales Bike Centre is the best I've ever been to, it's certainly way up near the top at the very least… 😀

juan
    Free Member

Mecky's bike and coffee shop in torbole. I can't even believe anyone is considering something else.

toys19
    Free Member

I only know one – the Drop Off at Glyncorwwg Ponds as the start finish for Whytes Level Afan trail. Its a bloody great cafe, good food, friendly Welshies, mud tolerant, loads of magazines, nice background music, great view. I always like the welsh rarebit with ham. If you need bike repairs there's the shop underneath.

jedi

i like the hub at gt

whippersnapper
    Free Member

Look Mum No Hands on Old Street in London do some good pies

stopped here on saturday. The pies are indeed very good, the sausage and mash one in particular. Good selection of beer too.

Naranjada
    Free Member

Lakeland Peddler in Keswick is great for wholesome food; there's a bike shop upstairs and one across the road too.

obirobkeno
    Free Member

The Other Side Cafe – Boston, MA Dead chilled, cracking food and lovely beers…

The Hub at GT is a given… Best cake in the world… Love the place!

Oh, and the cafe at Llandegla…

😉

obirobkeno
    Free Member

Oooh… And Coed-y-Brenin… I miss the cheese on toast from the old place… 🙁

belgianbob

Debbie's Minimart, Bruichladdich, Islay. It has it's own resident cycling team, and although it's a roadie hang-out, they'll welcome you with open arms. It also does sh1t-hot coffee!

If you go, say I sent you and give my regards to Brian.

belgianbob

+1 for the old Coed-y-Brenin cafe too. Like going to your gran's for tea…

Trekster

Ae.. Marys cakes are made by her or her mum and are magic.
    Mabie.. Jemmas Shed Burger is a must.
    Kirry..nice but clinical
    Hub… seen bettre days, too busy now, we go into Peebles instead. The take away/sit in, mid high st is ace.
    Woodbine in Hope.
    Give Peddlar a wide berth these days, service has gone downhill as fast as the pricing has gone up.
    Wanlockhead cafe

Thomas Tosh, Thornhill, bring your bikes inside lads ❗ has gone 3rd top of my current list.

Tapas bars in Spain 😆

trail_rat
    Free Member

wanlockhead cafe was good , expensive but good ! and much welcomed after the climb

docrobster
    Free Member

a "bikers" cafe that's also poular with "cyclists"
    Enjoyed a couple of very nice breakfasts there recently.

tony_m
    Free Member

belgianbob – Member
    Debbie's Minimart, Bruichladdich, Islay. It has it's own resident cycling team, and although it's a roadie hang-out, they'll welcome you with open arms. It also does sh1t-hot coffee!

If you go, say I sent you and give my regards to Brian.
    Another vote for Debbie's – it's the place to be the first weekend of August every year if you fancy a not-at-all-serious sportive ride and weekend of general cycling fun. And whisky. 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

There are a few in Holland and the cakes have special appeal here is an after pic 😯

RepacK
    Free Member

This is quite a cool place though its a long way to go for a beer..

Used to be my local..

Gestalt Haus Marin County CA USA

simonlovell999
    Free Member

Brunel Buttery in Bristol by Harbourside. Outdoors but great bacon, sausage, egg and mushroom buties

stumpyjon

Dog & Partridge at Tosside, Gisburn. Close to the trails, pub and cafe, sells Hope stuff, bike wash, mountain biking and trail building owner, cracking food.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

stumpyjon – Member
    Dog & Partridge at Tosside, Gisburn. Close to the trails, pub and cafe, sells Hope stuff, bike wash, mountain biking and trail building owner, cracking food.

+1 for the chilli

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

The bus stop at Peaslake.. An outdoor, not-really cafe where loads of London IT types go to show off their latest carbon/ti/unobtanium dandyhorse…
    Where are you all when it rains or gets a bit cold? Mincers.

Very yummy cheese based pastry snacks for those hungover mornings though.

jhw
    Free Member

There's a place opposite the train station just over the border with Switzerland near Vallorcine that does mean cheese-based food and is perfectly situated for end of ride munchies

patentlywill
    Free Member

So from IHN's comment on your other thread can I now look forward to a bike friendly cafe on the Bath Road? Hope so!

Pook

I don't understand why the woodbine always gets a mention. It's just a cafe.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

kiwijohn – Member
    Cafe Racer in St Kilda, Melbourne.

He's right I've never seen so many roadies in cafes while on conference there -Oh how I wish I could live there but for me its the Esso petrol station that sells energy drinks near Leicester 😳

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Oooh… And Coed-y-Brenin… I miss the cheese on toast from the old place…

I was just trying to explain to someone the other day what the old cafe was like and the only way I could describe it was to make the above and then top it with a whole can of baked beans too and a huge mug of builders tea!!! Top place, not really a fan of the new one, but that said they did give me mature cheese to go with my fruit cake last time so maybe they are learning.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

patentlywill – Member
    So from IHN's comment on your other thread can I now look forward to a bike friendly cafe on the Bath Road? Hope so!

yeah – I have a pipedream which if I had the funding would be something similar to a lot of what is mentioned above. The more I think about it the more excited I get. One or two of the above are near exactly the sort of ideas I've already pulled together so good to see other people have made something similar work.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

plumber
    Free Member

I'd have to say Cadence, Bowness, Calgary

The most awesome granola bars, porridge, coffee

nice staff for canadians, bit slow though

ponti
    Free Member

Cheese on toast at the old Coed Y Brenin cafe.R.I.P.
    Not fancy decor or anything,but everything was right about the place.

Skyline-GTR
    Free Member

The Drop Off Bus at Brechfa.
    Same great food and service as glyncorrwg and a welcome addition to what was just an empty carpark.

AdamML
    Free Member

@tony_m and @belgianbob Another +1 for Debbie's in Bruichladdich

Some pics I took in there last week are on Flickr

Pic 01

Pic 02

Pic 03

Pic 04

Pic 05

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Whats the best cyclist focused cafe / restaurant in the world?’ is closed to new replies.