Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Whats the best chain lube to use?
  • sambob
    Free Member

Finish line wet here and it’s okay, bit sticky though. Only using it because I had a bottle around. Muc off was better, keeps the chain clean but it stays on, and smells nice 🙂

cp

Big fan of purple extreme here. A bottle last ages as you hardly use any on each application. Very clean running chain which is easy to clean. Low chain wear… Great stuff

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Nice vid! 🙂

stevewhyte
    Free Member

GT85 been using it for 25 years, simply the best. It does the single most important thing, that’s driving out the moisture after you have cleaned the chain properly. Also gives it some lube. Cheap and works perfectly.

j40aja
    Free Member

Bet it’s the 1st time any of those ladies have had to use any lube 😀

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

After watching that video again, i’ve created some of my own lube – time to test it on my chain…………….

jonnyv
    Free Member

Love the rock’n’roll gold for 10 months of the year and wet ride for proper mucky months.

rwc03
    Free Member

Anybody tried the Fenwick’s stealth stuff?

henni
    Free Member

I wouldn’t recommend TF2. I bought it after my Finish Line wet ran out and its really crap. It string out when you apply it and gets all over your bike. It doesn’t even help when you just apply one drop per link. So I definitely preferred Finish Line wet lube.

Gorehound
    Free Member

EP140 chainsaw chain oil. £10 a litre instead of £6 for 120ml and it sticks like crap to a blanket.

martinxyz
    Free Member

But we don’t wannit to stick like crap to a blanket.

Purple extreme and Prolink chain lube.

Klunk
    Free Member

rock and roll blue.

birdage

Green oil works for me just fine.

bencooper
    Free Member

Profi Drylube – I import it specially from Germany, it’s not cheap but it’s the only stuff I use in the workshop…

davidjohn
    Free Member

Is any particular lube better than another for sand riding?

DJ

nwgiles

Fenwicks wet lube for me, however retrotom where can I get me a team if those

johnnystorm

I just use whatever’s lying around, I’ ve probably tried most stuff. Frankly the cost of the lube for a tiny bottle almost outweighs the savings against just buying a new chain!

_tom_
    Free Member

I always use either GT85 or White Lightning if I have any.

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Whats the best chain lube to use?’ is closed to new replies.