Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • What's the best 700c/650b frame to buy
  • fudge9202
    Free Member

Circumstances at home have changed my riding capabilities a lot, I currently have a Cannondale Habit lefty which I’m selling as I can’t get time to ride it( travel time to trails) and a CAADX disc which I just bought and ride from home. Looking at getting a steel frame that I can swap over CAADX parts to and will run 650b/700c in the event that I can ride more as wife’s health improves. I just want one bike to cover road, CX and trails.

thomthumb
    Free Member

if you had posted this a week ago I’d have swapped your frame for mine! 😡

As it is i’ve ordered a caadx and the vaya is up for sale!

peteimpreza

Cotic Escapade

fudge9202
    Free Member

Cheers tomthumb but the shortened head tube put me off, looked at it when you posted it.
    @ peteimpreza not fussed on the escapade

Any others to consider

siwhite
    Free Member

Sonder Camino, in Ti or Ali as your budget allows.

fudge9202
    Free Member

Out of curiosity does anyone know if the Cannondale CAADX takes a 650b wheel?

thomthumb
    Free Member

Cheers tomthumb but the shortened head tube put me off,

the head tube was huge though… 😉

fudge9202
    Free Member

Funny I really love the salsa vaya fancy sending some more detailed pics to my email in profile please

sillyoldman

The 2018 Ridley X-Trail Alloy frameset takes 650×50 or up to around 700×42.

Edit – didn’t spot the steel bit…..

joemmo
    Free Member

If you’re not set on steel then perhaps the NS RAG+ or Tripster AT?

fudge9202
    Free Member

Really liking that Tripster AT covers everything and is as future proof as I need could forgive the fact that it’s not steel. Wonder is anyone going to make this spec in lovely 853?

fudge9202
    Free Member
    scud
    Free Member

Depending on budget, the two i’ve been looking at to replace my aging Salsa Fargo are the Sonder Camino ti which is a lot of bike for the money, or if i am feeling flush and my pockets become a little deeper, then hard to overlook the Mason Bokeh, beautiful bike

joemmo
    Free Member

the Bokeh does look lush, especially in orange but I’d be afraid to put that in the bike shed at work, it’s too boutique for the daily grind. Prompted by all this talk I just ordered a RAG+ frame to build up.

fudge9202
    Free Member

The Bokeh is absolutely gorgeous but lotta dollar!!

dirtyrider
    Free Member

recommend what you run, Bokeh!

free image hosting for ebay

fudge9202
    Free Member

dirtyridey your turning my head!!!
    Very nice indeed sir!!

Bregante

My budget version of dirtyrider’s lovely Mason!

mikefyb247
    Free Member

2017 caadx has good clearance. Seen the superX swapped to 650b and worked awesome. No reason you cant try it.

fudge9202
    Free Member

mikefyb247 funny you should suggest that was tidying outhouse today and I’d forgotten my son is running 650b on his hardtail so going to stick them in to test clearance and could work out ok, I’ll need an 11 speed rear though and then to decide on tyres, then save for a Bokeh frame or the bombtrack 😀

tpbiker
    Free Member

Thread resurrection! Did those 650b wheels fit in the caadx? I’m keen to make mine a bit more off road capable.

funkmasterp

Ragley Trig, pretty good price and can fit MTB tyres plus it’s steel and has an ace headbadge

medlow
    Free Member

Mason Bokeh. It really is most awesome. £££ but hey.

Reilly Gradient V2
    Rag+
    Camino
    PX Tempest
    Tripster

funkmasterp

That does look nice. I’m tempted by a Space Chicken with the mad paint job. Had a Rag+ and it was well put together, but just seemed like a road bike trying to be something it wasn’t. Like the look of the Genesis Fugio frame too.

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Gotta be a Fairlight Secan?
    No?
    Max

medlow
    Free Member

Ohh yeah, forgot about the Secan… That really is nice and was on my list when considering the Bokeh..
    And the Space Chicken really does look excellent too. So many nice bikes out there, we are spoilt for choice..

rOcKeTdOg

Been tempted by these. Bolt through, flat mount, carbon fork. External BB etc. Alloy though but sensible price.
    https://www.ridewill.it/p/en/ridewill-bike-00451060104-gravel-frameset-with-fork-bsa-68mm-flat-mount-disc-57-xxl/402768/

honourablegeorge

In the best “recommend what you own” spirit, I’ll mention the Fearless Vulture – nie Reynolds steel frame, well priced, and super comfy and agile to ride.

fudge9202
    Free Member

At the start of this thread I’d intentions of buying a Bombtrack which I still like but bought this instead and absolutely love it

Salsa Vaya GX

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘What's the best 700c/650b frame to buy’ is closed to new replies.