Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • What's the Avon cosmetic product that repels midges?
  • Tasso
    Free Member

Not wanting to use nasty repellents on our little son later in the year when camping, the arrival of an Avon catalogue through the letterbox reminded me that there is something they do that reportedly works quite well.

Anyone know exactly what it is?

singlespeedstu

skin so soft.

jimmy

they still flock round you, then drown in the oil when they land. think seagulls & oil slicks on a miniature scale.

druidh
    Free Member

http://avonshop.co.uk/shop/product.asp?pf_id=33708&from=search&find_spec=skin%20so%20soft&pagenum=1

It's NOT a repellent – i.e. it doesn't stop them landing on you. You just have to apply enough to create a protective layer, in which they effectively drown.

Onzadog
    Free Member

From what I remember, it's anything with a large dollop of citronella in it. I also remember reading that the Avon skin so soft was issued to the Royal Marines (I hope that was because of the midges)

Tasso
    Free Member

Thanks chaps, worth a go as the Mrs acts as a sacrificial anode where biting insects are concerned. T

hey go for her first rather than me so the little 'un may suffer the same fate.

druidh
    Free Member

The other good thing about it is that it doesn't seem to result in any nasty/allergic reactions.

jordie
    Free Member

just stay out of the sun while wearing it 🙂

BikePawl
    Free Member

Or melt plastic like DEET does

santacruzyork
    Free Member

its the greeny coloured skin so soft and has always worked great for us when we have been camping in very midgey places!

skidartist
    Free Member

The other good thing about it is that it doesn't seem to result in any nasty/allergic reactions.

It makes my eyes go pink and makes the world look blurry, although some would suggest you shouldn't squirt in your eyes

ozzo
    Free Member

at least you'll have nice soft smooth skin if it doesn't work

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

last summer, friend of mine turned up with some on a camping get together. She's a midge magnet, much like myself, it worked a treat for both of us.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘What's the Avon cosmetic product that repels midges?’ is closed to new replies.