Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • What’s that book called, the one about the scottish? cyclist
  • coolhandluke
    Free Member

I remember a discussion on here ages ago about a Scottish chap? (maybe) who was a top cyclist but the teams turned against him because he wasn’t into taking drugs (like the rest of them) and was a tad unstable? so that worried them i cas ehe blew the lid on the drug use etc….
    Seem to remember he’d throw a strop and go off cycling for s couple of days etc etc.

Who was he and what was the book called?

DavidB
    Free Member

Sounds like Robert Millar
    Book..In Search of Robert Millar

matthew_h
    Free Member

Sounds more like The Flying Scotsman all about Graeme Obree

aP
    Free Member

Graeme Obree – Flying Scotsman.
    In the mid 90s there was such a huge buzz about Graeme and his battles with Boardman and the UCI. He seems to be riding again (to the point at which he wants to).

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

i think you may be thinking about the Irish chap Paul Kimmage with the book Rough Ride.

trail_rat
    Free Member

yeah sounds like kimmages book although when i read it , he came across as an im exposing this cause i didnt really make it kinda guy. Wasnt really a thrilling read.

Obrees book is a page turner IMHO ….

aP
    Free Member

Read the chapter in Kimmage’s book when he rode a kermesse.

JonBurns
    Free Member

Read them all, In Search of Robert Millar, Flying Scotchegg and Chris Hoys book. The Kimmage book doesn’t really appeal as I’ve read some of his newspaper articles.

aP
    Free Member

You do know that Kimmage is Irish don’t you?

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

You do know that Kimmage is Irish don’t you?

I remember a discussion on here ages ago about a Scottish chap? (maybe)

i think you may be thinking about the Irish chap Paul Kimmage with the book Rough Ride.

justa
    Free Member

well its not ‘put me back on my bike’ about Tom Simpson…

MrGreedy

It’s also not “The Hour” by Michael Hutchinson but as that’s also an excellent cycling book I’ll give it a quick plug too 😉

Read most of the others and enjoyed them – the Chris Hoy one is in the queue on my shelf behind some other Christmas presents so I’m looking forward to that too.

MoreCashThanDash

The Chris Hoy book is really interesting – not a riveting page turner, but a real insight into what British Cycling have done in the last 10 years.

vadar
    Free Member

The flying Scotsman..A great book ….and still a great cyclist the last time i saw him do a 10miler at the local club tt.
    A great bloke to.

cuckoo
    Free Member

Havn’t read the book but saw the flying Scotsman film. Thought it was well worth the watch. It looks like the authorities really had it in for Obree.

speaker2animals

Flying Scotsman – good film and must get on to read the book. Robert Millar is a very good book, read it really quickly. Started the one about Marco Pantanni but was really hard to get into. As far as I got it’s all about his family (parents/grand parents) and how everyone in Italy seems to go by a different name than their christian name. Will get round to it some time but have doubts about it.

Put me back on my bike next about Tom Simpson.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘What’s that book called, the one about the scottish? cyclist’ is closed to new replies.