Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • What’s Stainburn like?
  • Pook

Fancying a blast after looking at it and being near there on sat

Eggbox
    Free Member

I think there was a thread with some you tube links yesterday

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

i really like it. very technical & good fun – not typical trail centre style riding though!

mybike
    Free Member

Pad up & have fun.

Red route short – good warm up
    Decent line – fun gets faster once you know it
    Warren Boulder Trail – very difficult but have a go 😉

Pook

are they all well marked?

Gooner
    Free Member
    MrCrushrider
    Free Member

you cant get lost, its not that big really. i always found my way round – and that really is saying something!

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Some of the Warren Boulder Trail has been made a bit confusing due to people fannying around the technical sections and creating easier lines, otherwise it’s fairly straightforward. The new descent line starts at the very far corner of the red route. If you’ve got some time on your hands then you could seek out what has survived the felling operations over the road (mostly on the top around the trig point/summit cairn not far from the mast).

info on here too, maps etc SingletrAction

mark_b
    Free Member

Some of the Warren Boulder Trail has been made a bit confusing due to people fannying around the technical sections and creating easier lines

What seems even more bizarre is seeing people riding just to the side of the big drop on the descent line when there is a perfectly good track a few metres to the side. And it’s not as if it isn’t easy to roll down the drop anyway !

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Pads and full facers aren’t compulsory but you’d not believe it in the car park!

Simon

Go and give it a try. You’ll either love it or hate it.
    When you’ve been let us know what you think.

BTW it’s dig day this Sunday for those that are interested in putting something back, take a look here for more info.

mark_b
    Free Member

Pads and full facers aren’t compulsory but you’d not believe it in the car park!

Now now. Mock people who won’t stick to the line that’s been built – but to belittle their choice of equipment seems a bit presumptuous.

james
    Free Member

I take it you’ve already had a look at the page on the trail guide on this website?

devs
    Free Member

How does the Warren Boulder trail compare to Laggan black? Is it worth a divert next time I’m down south?

mybike
    Free Member

Its harder & doesn’t flow but still give it a go 😉

james
    Free Member

Laggan Black is graded as a double black (confusingly), so is the warren boulder trail, but is much harder

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I was belittling anyone – I just can’t be doing with the people who take a big intake of breath and sau “oooooh, you’ll need pads for Stainburn”. Do you bo11ocks – if you come off at Stainburn then its the same dirt and rock that you’ll hit if you come off anywhere and you don’t see anyone saying you’ll need pads for riding anywhere else in the area.

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

Correct DBW, just wear whatever you normally wear –

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I’d advise flat pedals though and shove your seat right down.

Simon

I’d ride it on whatever pedals you normally use be that flats or SPD, the bit about the seat is a good idea though, apart from on the very steep uphill bits.

Simon

Did I mention it’s digday at Stainburn this Sunday? 😉

firestarter
    Free Member

i didnt like it there but im thinking of giving it a go now ive got a 5 spot i think its more suited to the area than my anthem was

Pook

does the fact it’s dig day mean i can’t ride?

knott4me
    Free Member

stainburn is a grat place to hone your skills ,having said that you need a certain level of skill & balls to clean the warren boulder trail as this is very tricky & demanding but short in length.

it can also be leathal in the wet.

i would start to the right of the carpark & do a couple of laps to get familiar.the new sections also add to what is allready a nice little loop.
    the work on the logs is genius,they have carved the wood in a way it is extremely grippy even in the wet.

then take on the warren trail but with care.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Log rides

Knacker our head of trail design takes the award for that. info on all the log rides here SingletrAction log rides

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Also there’s some new grippy boarding gone down on the Cole Shute on the WBT northshore, but it’s currently only in the testing stage for Stainburn and (maybe) Dalby.

knott4me
    Free Member

absolute legends the lot of you.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Pook – Member

does the fact it’s dig day mean i can’t ride?

It doesn’t close for dig days, the worst that could happen is that you might have to push a few feet.

Ben_Haworth

Ace.
    Time for revisit methinks 🙂

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I’ll try again!!!. Log rides info here SingletrAction News – log rides

mark_b
    Free Member

I was belittling anyone – I just can’t be doing with the people who take a big intake of breath and sau “oooooh, you’ll need pads for Stainburn”. Do you bo11ocks – if you come off at Stainburn then its the same dirt and rock that you’ll hit if you come off anywhere and you don’t see anyone saying you’ll need pads for riding anywhere else in the area.

Now if you’d said ‘full facers and pads aren’t compulsory at Stainburn but looking at the choices being made by the individuals in the car park it would appear to be a popular choice’ then i would believe you.

Unfortunately the use of an exclamation mark at the end of your sentence implies you are [astonished by their choices and are therefore belittling them.

stumpy01

Respect to the person/people who chiselled out those logs! Gonna have to have a go over them, even if just as a mark of respect. It would be rude not to after all that work.

(my balance is crap though, so I’ll probably fall off after 2 bike lengths.)

Simon

stumpy01 – Member
    Respect to the person/people who chiselled out those logs! Gonna have to have a go over them, even if just as a mark of respect. It would be rude not to after all that work.

(my balance is crap though, so I’ll probably fall off after 2 bike lengths.)

It’s labour intensive but the result is fairly grippy. If we get the logs cut across with a chainsaw first it speeds things up a bit.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Yes, there’s def. an art to it, The artist pictured above is PJ. I had a go and I was really really hopeless. As Simon says it really helps if the FC chainsaw logs for us, and most of them were, it also helps if a tree gets blown down nearby, so the logs to finish were cut up by the FC and we rolled in place and did a hand sawn job.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘What’s Stainburn like?’ is closed to new replies.