Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • whats size stem….
  • elaineanne
    Free Member

possibly looking at upgrading from orange stalk stem to the “sunline” model…i have orange five pro bike with monkey lite carbon xc bars…. unsure what size the orange stem is..to look at it looks a short stem…

andyl
    Free Member

measure it from the centre of the top cap to the centre of the bars (or the centre of the split for the face plate).

coogan
    Free Member

170mm

argoose
    Free Member

Whats that in inches?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

coogan – Member
    170mm

:mrgreen:

elaineanne
    Free Member

measured from centre of top cap to centre of bars = 3 and a half inches ..wots that in mm then ..

elaineanne
    Free Member

eh that doesnt sound rite 89mm ? lol

Teetosugars
    Free Member

A 90mm stem could easily be right..
    I run 70mm on most of mine.. But 90mm is well within the bounds of normality..

chiefgrooveguru

Try something shorter – I’m 5’10.5″ tall with a 6’2″ armspan riding a 17.5″ frame and a 50mm stem works very well for me.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Before trying something shorter how does it fit. Torso leg and arm measurement all vary

nigelb001
    Free Member

Inside leg 33″ and I play the piano, so its a 60mm stem for me of course.

elaineanne
    Free Member

is there no way of finding out wot measurement this orange stalk stem is…..its from orange it was on the bike when it was built up… is there an email for orange bikes someone whom i can ask ??? was out riding with some guys today and they are saying approx 60mm..

pootle
    Free Member

I think if you’ve measured it as mentioned at 3.5 inches then it’s got to be a 90mm stem.

andyl
    Free Member

Orange stalk stems will come in various lengths. It might be on the original receipt for your bike but the easiest way is to just measure it from centre of the steerer hole to the centre of the handlebar hole. If the stem has a slight bit of rise then it’s normally around 5/6deg.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

elaine anne – Member
    is there no way of finding out wot measurement this orange stalk stem is…..its

You answered your own question earlier…

elaine anne – Member
    measured from centre of top cap to centre of bars = 3 and a half inches ..wots that in mm then ..

If you don’t trust yourself, then post a pic on here with the tape measure in situ..

elaineanne
    Free Member

all that is written on the stem is ‘31.8mm’ and underneath it says ‘5N.m’
    will see if i can find original receipt but i doubt it will be on there..lol.. looking like it is 90mm tho…

elaineanne
    Free Member

oh its 2 and a half then if you measure from the centre of the top cap to middle of bars… why do you measure from the centre of top cap then can someone explain please. sorry not good with measurements like this.lol

tomhoward

measured from centre of top cap to centre of bars = 3 and a half inches

oh its 2 and a half then if you measure from the centre of the top cap to middle of bars

It shrank?

Take it to a bike shop. Look at stems. Compare stems on sale to the one you have. Buy one that is longer or shorter than the one you have, depending on what you want. Job done.

Andy-R

So 60mm then….

elaineanne
    Free Member

lol yeah think Andy is about right… 😉

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘whats size stem….’ is closed to new replies.