Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Whats similar to a Cotic Road Rat?
  • teadrinker
    Free Member

I think I could be after a new all round steed. I love the road rat, it seems to offer everything I’m looking for but not in my size. The Large is to small as I don’t want masses of seatpost hanging out, I’m 6ft 4, so just wondering if ther is anything else out there that fits the bill? Or do I just keep my bike and stick skinny tyres on and a rigid fork? Ride wise it will be mainly for road and a bit of fire track riding and some singletrack thrown in. I also miss having a steel frame. Thanks

slparsons
    Free Member

There’s a 60cms Salsa Vaya, or Surly have the Straggler and Disc Trucker available upto 64cms, all are designed for Drop bars though a longer than normal stem could make the fit acceptable.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    citizeninsane
    Free Member

On One Pompetamine is reasonably close. Only issue is that it’s SS. Planning on seeing if a chain tug with mech hanger can be used to add gears, but haven’t experimented yet.

It’s steel, disc/mudguard/pannier mounts and will take up to 35mm tyres (I’m sure I’ve read of others putting larger than that on). Got mine a as SS commuter with drop bars. Rides very nicely. I’m 6ft and ride a large, with about 10cm of seatpost showing. Imagine you’d want an XL.

teadrinker
    Free Member

I do like the Kaffenback, like the look of it in Coffee and Tea colours. Also like this http://www.wiggle.co.uk/charge-plug-3-2014/

Apparently it can take up to 32C tyres so might work. Thanks for your responses so far.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Any touring or hybrid bike with discs?

zoo200
    Free Member

How about another road rat in another colour?

annebr
    Free Member

Will the colour make it bigger?

tinribz
    Free Member
    gazc
    Free Member

salsa vaya – mines a tad longer than my old cross check geo wise. in fact what am i on about. the cross check was more fun to ride so try a straggler!

teadrinker
    Free Member

After much consideration I think I’m going with a steel frame cross bike with discs as my do it all bike. So over to the classifieds….

Thanks all for the input.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Whats similar to a Cotic Road Rat?’ is closed to new replies.