Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • What's on your doorstep? You too could be missing out!
  • TandemJeremy
    Free Member

If you have the landowners permission then its fine.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Couple of points………

1) There’s a BMX track 1/2 mile away on lower earley way

2) There’s a a multitude of better “secret spots” nearby, must try harder next time 😛

Anyway, I thought everyone knew about cheeky trails, if you find them, keep quiet about it, local group explicitly said don’t post helemetcam footage or GPS tracks of rides as the FC wont tolerate the publicity. So by shareing the secret spot, it becomes not so secret, then gets flattened, and you, the guys who built it, and anyone else who might have stumbled accross it can’t ride anymore. It’s just common sense.

Euro
    Free Member

yunki – Member

actual real life local fanatical trailbuilding crews post a gazillion photo’s and vid’s on facebook and youtube and moredirt and pinkbike every day of the week and flippin well love it.
    If they built them it’s entirely up to them to share if they choose.

TandemJeremy, who do illegal trailbuilders have to justify themselves to?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member
    thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member
    How can you justify building jumps and ramps on land you do not ownand without the landowners permission?

I certainly have permission to use the trails I do – its called the land reform act!

No you have the legal right, the landowner might be a MTB hateing tory voter who would never in a million years give his permission, however the big government has decided to allow you the legal right to ride accross his land.

yunki
    Free Member

If they built them it’s entirely up to them to share if they choose.

to be honest.. I think the OP is being more than a bit thoughtless.. loose lips sink ships and all that.. I was just stirring.. 😳

BigJohn

pastcaring
    Free Member

the first rule of fight club…

TuckerUK
    Free Member

All abat de respeck innit? 🙄

We’ve got some ‘secret trails’ (i.e. everyone local knows about them, people not local wouldn’t be interested) just a couple of hundred yards from our house. No idea who originally did the ‘landscaping’, one person, one crew, or just people doing it bit by bit over years for the love of the sport. I know that when we go there we have a tidy up and prune, repair berms and jumps as needed, and not just for ‘our’ benefit (whoever ‘we’ are), but for all riders who would enjoy the tracks.

buildingthewoods
    Free Member

I came across this interesting post today, with some very interesting views. You can clearly see who respects trail builders and who just, like someone mentioned earlier, ‘ goes down to their local area (The lookout) and never digs, or helps out.

I build the trails in Fox Hill along with some great guys. Its taken us around 3 years to build them to the standard that they are. We dig in the rain and till it gets dark – not my favorite but we reap the rewards when the summer comes around.

The land is not ours, and in a ideal world we would have our own land :/ We are making the most of our surroundings, giving the younger generation an alternative option to hanging out on street corners..

If you want to come down and ride, your more than welcome. However we would ask for you to help us dig as well.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘What's on your doorstep? You too could be missing out!’ is closed to new replies.