Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • What's on your Christmas list?
  • jekkyl

Compiling a christmas list as the wife has asked for mine.
    so far I’ve got a new allen key set, a chain cleaner, a new multi-tool, this one reviewed by stw previously looks good (http://www.tredz.co.uk/.JetBlack-Multi-Tool-13_100018.htm)
    Thinking of asking for loads of consumables, brake pads, grips etc but that’s a bit boring.
    What else? What’s on your wishlist?

scud
    Free Member

Does your LBS do xmas vouchers, you get to choose what you want in person, and you get to support your LBS?

Gary_M
    Free Member

World peace

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    weeksy

Sadly I don’t really have one as I hate the wife spending her money on me, don’t know why but it sits wrong with me.

Maybe a nice pair of shoes if I can find some for sub £50

ElShalimo

un-Brexit??

jekkyl

Come on guys, I don’t feel you’re fully embracing the spirit of mindless consuerism.

GrahamS

I’d quite like an FPV-capable drone or a games console with VR/AR set up.

Realistically, I’ll be happy with some socks and a nice dinner.

lunge

Gin. Some bloody good gin.
    A posh meal out, ideally with a Michelin star and ideally with my wife.
    Good shoes. Black, leather sole, for work.
    Ticket for a gig or 2.
    A weekend away.
    A fixie.

I’ll get, at best, the gin. But you did ask.

john_drummer
    Free Member

Nothing until 1st December and I reckon I’ll struggle to think of anything even then.

steve-g
    Free Member

I have a birthday between now and Christmas and its going to be a fun couple of months thinking of all the goodies I want….I wont be getting any of them, but thinking about them will be nice.

In an ideal world

Some new running trainers, both the current pairs are now “slicks” and are more hole than trainer.
    One of those fancy travel pizza oven things
    Cheap Tablet – Kindle Fire maybe

Instead of those I will get to see the look on the little kids faces when they see what santa has brought them, that and a lynx shower gel and deodorant combination pack from my mum.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Half a PS4 (shared with Son) maybe a skills course at BPW.

slowoldman

Large quantities of food and drink.

RustySpanner

A new lid.

lucky7500

A pair of those fancy new primaloft hi-top fivetens, the nice blue croix de fer, eating as much Christmas pudding as possible. 🙂

mattbee

We cap spending on each other at £10 as in past years it almost became an arms race with money spent getting more and more each year. It also forces us to think about what to get rather than just splashing loads of cash. Has to be a surprise too, so at least the low value means if she or I hate it there’s not too much money wasted. I’d love it if she ignored all of that and bought me a new drop bar fat tyre type bike frame.
    I’m hoping for some whisky from the in laws though, as usual.

clodhopper
    Free Member

I want this:

But if I’m lucky, my wife might not find some tedious and annoying chore for me to do (which I’d conveneiently forget to do anyway and thus incur her wrath throughout the festive season). 😆

I do need a new waterproof and some decent walking shoes though…

binners

1. Coke
    2. Hookers

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Winning the Euro lottery so I can feed the poor and buy a Ferrari for my sick Mother.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Binners

sbob
    Free Member

A monster truck.
    Preferably Gravedigger.

tomhoward

Short travel XC 29er.

I suspect I will be buying my own Xmas present, some time in July.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Road pedals and shoes.
    Invite to Binners’ house 🙂

anagallis_arvensis

Its only just november. **** off

binners

I’m Daaaaaaaaahn saaaaaaaaaaarf for Crimbo Flashy. You may be in luck! 🙂

I’m presently evaluating the potential festive fallout of one of these being found in santa’s bulging sack….

Ho ho ho 🙂

scotroutes

A beard trimmer. I reckon that having facial fungus for 5 months each year I might as well look after it properly.

tthew

Have been asked the same questions recently. At a loss for anything that’s not necessities, (tyres, chain, chainring and sprocket for my commuting bike) and if I reciprocated with, say, a new hoover there would be absolute hell to pay.

Possibly some kind of all-in one beer making machine, like the Brewzer, but I’ll have to do some research.

twinw4ll
    Free Member

The Death of Christmas.

myti
    Free Member

Xbox and doom for when the mud sets in.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’d like to teach the World to sing

😀

mogrim

I’d like a new bike, torn between the Orbea Orca (road bike, and it’d get more use probably) or the P7 binners wants. Which wasn’t on my list, but is now 🙂

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I have requested a probe ( non-anal although it is Christmas) transceiver and shovel. Also a lovely pair of cosy soft trousers for skulking around the house in.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Your face or mine, BinBins?

mtbfix

My Dad’s house purchase to go through.
    My Mrs’ visa to go through.
    I want for nowt.

themilo
    Free Member

It’s tricky isn’t it? All the stuff I actually want (a motorbike, a lightweight hardtail, a monster pc, an additional room to use said monster pc) are all, financially, out of reach. Ergo, I don’t actually “want” anything I can have. I’ve already got several years worth of post shave balm and more hankies than one could reasonably shake a stick at but, i suspect, more of the same will be forthcoming. I might just buy my lad a stupidly powerful rc car and claim part ownership on that as my treat. TBH, I’m more concerned about what to get the Mrs as she has a worrying habit of saying scary things like “surprise me”. Might get her a Dyson. That’ll learn ‘er

themilo
    Free Member

Edit: just thought, I might get HER a motorbike. That’d really surprise her!

trail_rat
    Free Member

A nice bread knife and a stone to cook my bread on.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘What's on your Christmas list?’ is closed to new replies.