Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • What's not to miss in Canterbury?
  • jj55

Going there for two days with Mrs JJ. No biking just sightseeing, all I’ve planned is a visit to the Cathedral. Any other sites you’d recommend? Probably going to take in Whitstable/Herne. Any nice eateries?

Thanks
    8)

jaaaaaaaaaam
    Free Member

The Roman stuff museum is pretty rad. Deeson’s is a really good resteraunt but at the pricey end of the spectrum. Nice pubs include the Parrot, Foundry, Dolphin and the Cherry Tree.

That last one is a joke btw (unless you like crusties and weed).

Get thee down to Deal if you get time, it is awesome.

yossarian
    Free Member

Loads to do and see.

St. Augustine’s Abbey
    St. Martin’s Church
    A tour on the river – do not use the people at the weavers bridge.
    Greyfriars & the secret garden
    The eastbridge hospital

Good places to eat –

Cafe des Amis
    The Goods shed
    Cafe Mauresque
    Cafe St. Pierre

That’s just skimming the surface of Canterbury.

It’s a shame the Cardinal’s Cap is no longer with us 🙂

tonyd

Cardinals Cap is gone?!

yossarian
    Free Member

Many years ago, not ever been replaced really. I still have the US marine helmet that used to be perched on the bust of queen Victoria at the end of the bar.

Nonsense
    Free Member

Cafe des Amis du Mexique is a great restaurant. Duck Fajitas are one of the most awesome things I have ever eaten.

dknwhy

Michael Caine’s restaurant Abode. They do an early evening offer for £22 for 3 courses which leaves plenty of time to get drunk next door in the pub.
    We stayed in the Cathedral Lodge hotel in the cathedral grounds. Central free parking, free entry to the cathedral and you get to have amusing (for me) drunk conversations with the gate keeper of the cathedral when you roll back at 1am…

granny_ring

Was in cafe des yesterday, if you like mexican tucker head there.
    can get busy in the evenings, I prefer late lunch more relaxed they also do an early evening deal too.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘What's not to miss in Canterbury?’ is closed to new replies.