Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • What's new and happening in the espresso machine market. (Not a gaggia classic)
  • EddieFiola
    Free Member

My trusty coffee machine is falling to bits, I’ve had it and over used it for about 15 years now.
    I have a separate grinder, but I’m at a loss at what should be replacing the coffee machine.

I’m aware there’s lots of snobbery on here so let’s have a top ten run down please.
    I’m not wanting to spend more than £300. But when has that stopped me spending more!

RichPenny
    Free Member

If it was me, I’d go for a lever machine like a europiccola, more interesting in looks and operation than a boring old pump machine.I am biased though 🙂

onewheelgood

Sage Duo Temperature Pro?

MrSmith
    Free Member

Sage. Or if you like fiddling a Londinium L1 (unfortunately their ‘budget lever’ is still in development)
    There are a few other machines out there with th e-61 group from the likes of isomac, faema expobar, quickmill etc worth looking at too

r8jimbob88
    Free Member

I’m selling a practically new DeLonghi Caffe Corso?

I paid £280 for it. Looking for £150 ono (Must collect from Manchester though)

jimmy

I’m not wanting to spend more than £300

Does that come with a free Porsche Maccan?

EDIT: And yes I’ll be the first to say..

Because I’ve yet to have coffee from one of these machines that tastes better.

MrSmith
    Free Member

A classic is still the best option under £300. There are loads available second hand that usually just need the shower screen and block removing for a good clean and descale.

ashweee
    Free Member

I bought myself a sage duo temp pro a couple of weeks back and so far I’m impressed. It’s my first espresso machine and while it’s a bit more faff than I expected the coffee I’m getting from it is excellent so far.

ivorhogseye
    Free Member

Jimmy. I’ve got one of those but the coffee is only ok and full of grounds. I’m using lavazza ground coffee. I have a grinder and beans, so can do the grind myself if required. What do I do?
    Sorry op for the hijack

johndoh
    Free Member

Hijack – what;s the best burr grinder to use with my Classic? After putting up for several years with a Dualit that can’t grind fine enough I was thinking about asking Father Christmas for a new one.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Grinder – I would go with the Rancillio Rocky myself. I used one for years (still down in the garage for when I abandon the bean to cup… although the Sage Oracle is filling me with lust now!)

crazy-legs

r8jimbob88 – you still got that caffe corso?
    I’m in Manchester, would happily buy it off you.

Cougar

What Jimmy said.

Jimmy. I’ve got one of those but the coffee is only ok and full of grounds.

You need a fine grind, but not so fine as it pisses through the filter. Dunno what you’re doing wrong but I’ve had no issues with grounds ingress.

You do need to take it off the heat immediately when it starts spluttering; if the water runs out and you force steam through it it gets bitter.

Sandwich

You do need to take it off the heat immediately when it starts spluttering; if the water runs out and you force steam through it it gets bitter.

Tried that it was still cack compared to the Silvia. This was with freshly ground coffee and a slightly coarser grind than the espresso machine.

bear-uk
    Free Member

I am well happy with my Sage Duo, especially as there was £50 off. Put that towards the Sage pro grinder.

TheBrick
    Free Member

[video]https://youtu.be/qMrlyEreba8[/video]

Has to be max stw points.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘What's new and happening in the espresso machine market. (Not a gaggia classic)’ is closed to new replies.