Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • What's my iPhone worth?
  • loddrik
    Free Member

Contemplating getting a 5s. Any idea what mine is worth??

IPhone 5 64gb on 02. Pretty good condition.

woody21
    Free Member

O2 have a recycle section on their website, on an IPhone 3GS they paid out £11 against Envirofone offering £8

m0rk
    Free Member

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    loddrik
    Free Member

Their prices are pretty funny.

Cougar

Mobilevaluer.com

Read the reviews, the highest offers are usually bogus.

spence
    Free Member

Recently purchased 2 4s’s from the bay, prices seem to be around 175 – 200 for good condition carrier locked phones.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

£300. 325 on a good day if you get it unlocked. Even better

woody21
    Free Member

O2 value has increased by a tenner in week – the sods have ripped me off

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

In real world cash value (I buy sell and repair phones on the side)

Ip4 grade A unlocked 100-140 16gb
    Ip4s grade A unlocked 140-170 16gb
    Ip5 grade A unlocked 180-230 16gb
    Ip5s grade A unlocked 300-330 16gb

All figures I sell at after buying either broken or cheap due to upgrades ive just sold my 5s upgrade for 300 cash sealed and that was a struggle. Ebays shill bidders and huuuuge take offs too much for me so I go off local shops and facebook phone page prices. Ive just bought a galaxy s4 for 210 immaculate cond and thats a 500 quid phone.

Apples ip6 due out before summer and the new s5 end of feb and the galaxy F. So id hang on for the ip6 to be honest.

Remember if on ios 7 you must revert all settings and remove apple id as the next buyer will not be able to use the phone due to apples stupid security measures (google it to see step by step how to prep a iphone for re sale)

andyl
    Free Member

Any STWer deals on a ip5 or nexus 4 bigphil? 😉

loddrik
    Free Member

Looking at eBay they’re going for over £300 so I guess that’s more ‘real world’ than anywhere else. Same on gumtree. Dunno who sells their 64gb 5 for £180 😕

loddrik
    Free Member

Oops I just saw that was for 16gb.

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

Real world is cash to me ive done the ebay thing and 6 out of 10 sales of my phones end in “I pressed the wrong button” or “my daughter hacked my ebay” I sell for cash face to face now and thats my real world price im afraid. You need to look on facebook pages or in the loot pages and youl see what I mean!!

The gb means nowt these days yes you pay more buying but resale is bugger all as my average buyers barely have 3gb of files let alone 64gb.

Andyl when I have them for sale I post on the for sale section on here so keep an eye out.

At the moment nexus 4 are still holding good prices, too good for me to make a profit against new ones (being honest) I have a ip5 slate black unlocked im awaiting a new charger port as the previous owner used cheap ebay copy lightning cables and as they dont have the security chip inside its blown the port. If I manage to replace it will be up for sale boxed along with origional apple recipt (out of warranty so owner wanted rid)

loddrik
    Free Member

Thanks for the ‘realistic’ valuation. After doing some research looks like £300 is a base line. As for gb meaning nothing, I think we both know that’s utter nonsense.

(Phone trader in depresses used value shocker…)

CountZero

The gb means nowt these days yes you pay more buying but resale is bugger all as my average buyers barely have 3gb of files let alone 64gb.

I’ve got 17.94Gb available on my 64Gb iP5, basically because most of my portable music is on my iP4, which I use as my iPod and car satnav, and that’s got 2.61Gb left out of 32.
    But then I guess I’m not an ‘average’ user.
    I’m desperately hoping the iP6 has at least 128Gb available.
    Either that, or I’m gonna have to invest in a LaCie 1Tb wifi-enabled portable drive.

loddrik
    Free Member

Currently using 51 of my pointless 64gbs…

johnnystorm

Moneysavingexpert.com has a comparison engine for who offers the best trade in for different phones.

duckman

Well loddrick; I tried to sell my spotless locked to orange 5 on here. Couldn’t get 300 for it. EBay; couldn’t get 300 for it,tried 4 times. Forget Gumtree,scammer central. As I was listing it,eBay stats had said they were selling for 288 to 314. A warning; 3 out of the 4 listings it sold,all were scams.People wanting to pay cash,then suddenly called away with work when you asked for photo Id and a pic of them holding t phone. Or sent to their work…a rented office NAME (new one to me)linked to PayPal. All the above will inflate what eBay say they are worth as all the sales I thought I had made were between 325 to 350

wrightyson
    Free Member

I’ve heard you can get good money for them by not actually posting them….

br
    Free Member

Thanks for the ‘realistic’ valuation. After doing some research looks like £300 is a base line. As for gb meaning nothing, I think we both know that’s utter nonsense.

He’s telling you what he’ll pay, and the kinda cash he’s getting for them. Others have said of their experiences. Why bother even asking the question if you know better?

wysiwyg
    Free Member

I’m well into double figures on eBay iphone sales. Never had a dud yet.

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

Sold this early December. Listed on here but didn’t sell.but did receive crazy offers.

went after 2 days on eBay

Phone by Alpine160, on Flickr

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

With dropbox and cloud servers taking off I pay 11 £ PER YEAR! For 120gb of storage. Oh wait id rather pay another 150quid for more gb in my fragile phone that I could risk loosing or getting stolen.

Every phone I sell I leave a card with details of cloud servers so people dont need the more expensive higher gb models.

Just stating my experience which ive bin doing for nearly 10 years and thats what people sell for and pay round our neck of the woods.

Thats just my opinion thats what the op asked for is it not? And anyway why ask values when you are clearly capable of using the internet and researching the prices yourself??? You recieve a valuation from what I sell for every day and you didnt agree with it thats fine.

The gb thing I mean come on…. I use a 8gb phone at the min and all my data safe on cloud server so my phone runs fast and no running issues.

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

And as for you selling your 5s early december the clue in the title. Apple had huge backlogs and didnt have stock availability all the time, so prices rocketed along with screaming spoilt kids demanding the latest I gadget parents are willing to pay over the odds due to xmas on the way.

loddrik
    Free Member

And anyway why ask values when you are clearly capable of using the internet and researching the prices yourself???

The question was asked prior to research.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘What's my iPhone worth?’ is closed to new replies.