Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • What's my Frankenbike Five worth?
  • brooess
    Free Member

2004 18″ black frame
    Manitou 4 way shock – couple of years use
    Pikes Air U-Turn 110-140 less than a year use since serviced
    Mavic EN521 on Hope Pro 2 (QR rear, 20mm bolt thru on front – couple of years use
    Hope M4 with 183mm discs F&R
    Thomson seatpost and stem
    Easton EA70 bars
    King headset
    XT chainset, XT front, SLX rear derailleur
    Well used but all in full working order…

brooess
    Free Member

Anyone?

stevede
    Free Member

You would almost definately get more money splitting it down to be honest.
    Rough ball park figures:
    Five frame – £200 to £250 based on age of it.
    Pikes – £130 to £140
    Hope wheels to £150
    M4’s – £100 ish for the set
    King headset – £30 to £40
    Thomson post – £30 to £35
    Thomson stem – £30 to £40
    Bars – £15
    XT chainset – depends which one but between £30 and £60 if a few years old depending on condition
    SLX rear mech – £15 ish
    Front mech – not really worth bothering, £5 – £10 maybe?

That would all be based on selling on here, always amazed what people will pay on Ebay so maybe worth sticking it on there.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    oliverd1981
    Free Member

It’s maybe worth around £700. It’ll be a bargain for someone though. A used, well maintained 5 makes a lot of sense.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

King headset – £30 to £40
    Thomson post – £30 to £35
    Thomson stem – £30 to £40

stevede, if youre selling any of these for £30 I’ll take em….

stevede
    Free Member

Winner, cheers, I have a Thomson 30.9 post in the shed I’ve been meaning to get rid of, cut down to about 300mm – yours for £30 pal……
    I take it your trying to say I’ve priced too low, I’d say £40 for a used headset even a ck is about right, £40 tops for a second hand stem and £35 is about the going rate for a 27.2 Thomson post in good condition. If he puts them up for more and sells them then fair enough, op was asking roughly what things were worth, I put down my opinion on what things were worth based on my experiences both buying and selling on the classifieds. As I said in my other post eBay will probably bring more profit.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

I’d say £40 for a used headset even a ck is about right

40 quid for a CK is still low, you put that as the maximum of your suggested price range. Ive never seen a CK go for £30, and at £45 they get snapped up.

and £35 is about the going rate for a 27.2 Thomson post

it is, and again you put it as the maximum of your range.

So yes, as someone whos bought and sold loads of stuff on the classifieds (pretty much built my hardtail off it) I’m suggesting your valuing of his stuff is low, as even you are now admittng the prices you quoted as maximums are more like averages. Your Pro 2 valuation is bang-on, though, £150 seems to be the going rate with only small variations depending on rims.

Only posting for the same reasons you are, offering opinion based on experience to help the OP, but if someone listed a CK for £30 theyd get their arm bitten off. And it’d probably get re-sold on ebay for £50+.

johnnystorm

Santa Cruz/Jungle (?) knocking out Thomson posts at Mayhem for £40. Not sure I’d want to pay close to that for a used one.

stevede
    Free Member

crashtestmonkey – fair enough, may have priced the items a bit low looking at it, neither of us know the actual condition or age of most of the stuff either so yes a bit of a guess on my part, was pricing as though the kit was reasonably old like the frame, this may not be the case so op should maybe price higher and get bumped down if the condition isn’t great.
    On the Thomson post front, i sold a brand new uncut 27.2 x 410 (inserted into a frame once and scratched slightly due to the frame being cheap and untidily finished) for £35 after getting zero interest at more, dropped to £38 and finally had an offer of £35.
    I take it you don’t want my Thomson post at £30 then? 😉

brooess
    Free Member

I’ve got £45 for Thomson stems and seatposts before now. My kit is always in good condition
    Only the frame and brakes are old, the rest is all 2-3 years old with barely any use in last 18 months…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘What's my Frankenbike Five worth?’ is closed to new replies.