Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Whats my bike worth please? Thinking of possibly selling…
  • bowie278
    Free Member

Good Evening folks,

Would anyone with a better knowledge than me please give me an estimate on what my bike is worth. I’m not 100% on selling just yet, but it has crossed my mind, hence the question. Thank you in advance for any replies and help.

Cotic Soul 2013 (Orange – Medium)
    Fox Talas Terralogic Kashima 140mm/110mm (2012)
    Shimano XT Front Mech
    Shimano XT Rear Mech
    Shimano XT Shifters
    Shimano XT Cranks/Chainrings
    Shimano XT Cassette
    Shimano XT Bottom Bracket
    Shimano XT Brakes – 180 front/160 back
    Hope Tapered Headset
    Race Face Ride bars and stem
    Lizard Skins Grips
    Rock Shox Reverb 125mm
    Shimano XT Hubs and Rims (complete wheelset)
    Continental Mountain King/X-King

Thank you!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Two and six. And a quarter pound of aniseed balls.

br
    Free Member

Why, what are you replacing it with?

tbh The drivetrain etc I’ll fit on any bike, so just keep for the next frame.

1981miked
    Free Member

£1100 – £1300 depending on condition I reckon.

I sold mine for £1300 earlier this year with X Fusion forks, Hope hoops, SlX brakes, SRAM X0 rear mech, X9 shifter, carbon bars and seatpost, Easton stem and Hope finishing bits. Mine was immaculate.. (And I really want to build another)..

rOcKeTdOg

one button (large mind) & some Vole belly button fluff

bigblackshed

Advert????

35p and an out of date yogurt from the back of the fridge???

Email in profile.

bowie278
    Free Member

Thanks Miked… it’s spotless. Only had it around two months and I bet it’s not seen 100 miles.

B R – I’ve never had a hardtail and I wanted to try one. I read raving reviews on the Soul so I got one. This sounds daft – I love it… but I just can’t get used to the firmness at the back compared to my old full susser and unfortunately I cant afford two bikes at the moment. I wouldn’t mind going full suss again.

bowie278
    Free Member

Not an advert gents, just after an estimation from someone with a little more knowledge than I have!

bigblackshed

A lot less than you paid for it and certainly less than you think it’s worth.

I could go to 50p and a small block of lard????

😉

rickon
    Free Member

First question would be how much wear on the chain, and is that the same for the drive train, then what version of XT for each, condition of headset and BB bearings, tread left on tyres, any punctures, what about wheels? Bearings OK? Hub wobbly? Do they need truing?

Lots of this will drive the price. I.e. you could have a drvetrain that needs replacing and m760 kit with wobbly wheels, or you could have m785 kit, perfect wheels and less than 0.7 on the drive train.

I’m an ass.

bowie278
    Free Member

Haha, thanks Rickon. As I’ve said, bike is absolutely spotless. Less than 100 miles and thoroughly cleaned after every use (full cassette scrub down, chain cleaned, Teflon sprayed and re-lubed) so everything is clean and pristine. All parts were bought brand new except forks which were about 8 months old when I got them, albeit spotless as well. No wear anywhere and it’s just got back from a service so it’s running absolutely tip top and true. All running gear, brakes and wheelset were bought as a package, brand new, 3 months ago, although it is all 2012 model I think. Plenty of tread on tyres, no punctures, and the Reverb which is around a month old works perfect. Rides beautifully. Now my complete rookie guess was somewhere around the region of £1600/£1650?

*cue finger pointing and sniggering* :mrgreen:

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Do voles even have belly buttons?

renton
    Free Member

The last time I asked a question like this my thread was deleted ???

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Has everyone had an “interesting” day, buggeroonies there’s some made sheet on here tonight.

There’s some serious kit there, split it and sell individually on them there STW Classifieds.

br
    Free Member

Cheapest way to change from the Soul to a FS is to sell the Soul frame and buy a FS frame, moving all the bits over.

glupton1976
    Free Member

I’m disappointed. It’s worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

In the nicest possible way – you’re selling expensive stuff with no warranty, that is quiet possibly knackered (I know what you’re saying, but from a buyers perspective…..).

Expect 50% of what you paid. Ask for a tad more. In the middle will be the outcome.

woolymonster
    Free Member

If you still have it and want to sell it then let me know…email woolymonster@hotmail.com

darrell
    Free Member

i’ll go as high as a reindeer skin and 1kg of whale meat

Tom-B
    Free Member

I’ll go as high as two, YES TWO tins of spam.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Oh and if you’re splitting, I’d be interested in the stem, left hand grip and maybe a chainring bolt.

char34
    Free Member

got a 2011 mondracker factor rr for sale or swap if interested
    holmeswafc183@googlemail.com
    gareth

Cheezpleez

Selling your Soul? I take it you’ll be going down to the crossroads?

[With yaw geetah in yo hain’]

iainc

What did it cost you ? I have just put together a very similar Soul, all brand new, and it was a good bit over 2k, but as soon as it’s rolled in the dirt you can virtually half the value. Think long and hard before selling and if you do, split it and keep the bits you will reuse.

woolymonster
    Free Member

Sell it all mate 😀 ….and if you do want to, then let me know!!!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Whats my bike worth please? Thinking of possibly selling…’ is closed to new replies.