Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • What's my bike worth
  • Goldigger
    Free Member

Trying to get an idea on what my Anthem 09 is worth if sold as a complete bike, or if it’s better to take bits of that I could use on other bikes and sell the parts.
    It’s in extremely good condition.

Bottle holder not included
    Thomson Stem
    FSA Carbon bars
    XT 10 speed 3×10
    Rockshox Reverb
    Rockshox SID RCT3 2012 dual air
    Fox CTD BV kashima shock, tuned by TFtuned
    Stan’s Arch EX on hope pro 2 EVO SP hubs
    Racing Ralph tubeless tyres, also have tubeless racing kings and mountain kings. Both black chilli protection.

After seeing 2 26inch Anthems out last night, maybe I shouldn’t sell it..

teadrinker
    Free Member

I’d split it. You won’t get much in my opinion. It’s 8 years old and 26″ so not high up on everyone’s want list I’d imagine.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

What’s my bike worth?

Put it on eBay with no reserve, and see what someone is willing to pay for it?
    But I’m guessing a lot less than you’re hoping for..

darrell
    Free Member

next to knack all

other than to you as a bike to ride

nwmlarge
    Free Member

Thomson Stem £15
    FSA Carbon bars £15
    XT 10 speed 3×10 £20
    Rockshox Reverb £80-100
    Rockshox SID RCT3 2012 dual air £100
    Fox CTD BV kashima shock, tuned by TFtuned £80
    Stan’s Arch EX on hope pro 2 EVO SP hubs £80
    Racing Ralph tubeless tyres, also have tubeless racing kings and mountain kings. Both black chilli protection. £20
    Frame £100

Maybe £550 split
    £400 in one piece maybe on a good day with the wind behind you.

andytheadequate
    Free Member

Possibly 500 quid or so on eBay would be my guess. I sold a similarly aged Scott Genius last year and that’s what I got for it, although it didn’t have a dropper.

Andy-R

Thomson Stem £15
    FSA Carbon bars £15
    XT 10 speed 3×10 £20
    Rockshox Reverb £80-100
    Rockshox SID RCT3 2012 dual air £100
    Fox CTD BV kashima shock, tuned by TFtuned £80
    Stan’s Arch EX on hope pro 2 EVO SP hubs £80

I wish I could find Thomson stems for £15 or a pair of Hope Pro2 Evo hubs for £80 or, for that matter, good condition XT cranks for £20 …….they’re never around when I’m looking.
    Anyway, bring them on, is all I can say. This from someone who still rides an old, obsolete LV 301 – shock horror,
    even as old as a Mk11.

It’s like all sorts of things now – people being naive enough to think that changing from 26″ to 27″ wheels will “make the trails come alive” and turn them into riding gods, nailing 10ft drops to flat and big road gaps before breakfast.
    Sorry guys – if you weren’t doing this on your shit old 26″ wheeled bike then you won’t be doing it on your new 27″ “weapon” either.
    Keep convincing yourselves though and sell all us old luddites your worthless old shit for not much more than the price of postage……

iainc

maybe stick a stealth add up on the main bike forum and see what interest you can generate in it first ? 🙂

ssboggy

How much for the bottle holder? 😀

tomhoward

What offers have you had so far?

NormalMan

Do you enjoy it/like it?

If so, keep it.

If not then sell on. Although splitting it up will probably get you more if you don’t mind the hassle of taking it apart and posting bits separately etc.

rOcKeTdOg

full bike £250 tops, split, around £400 if anyone is still hanging on to the 26″ dream

iolo
    Free Member

What size is it?

Andy-R

As above, if you still like it then keep it, ride it and don’t bother about it not being the latest and greatest. As for £250 for the complete bike – if it was mine I’d rather donate it to a worthwhile charity if that was all anyone offered me.

Personally, I can’t be doing with all this “bikes a few years are worthless” crap – you’d never guess, would you.
    When even an old fart like me can go out on a rigid singlespeed and ride everything that most other people are doing and not a lot, if at all, slower then where’s the justification for all this “obsolescence”, other than people liking to constantly replace things, that a year or two previously they thought were the dog’s bollocks.
    It’s the same with cars, cameras -pretty much everything nowadays.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

80 quid for the Wheels!

stevextc
    Free Member

It’s like all sorts of things now – people being naive enough to think that changing from 26″ to 27″ wheels will “make the trails come alive” and turn them into riding gods, nailing 10ft drops to flat and big road gaps before breakfast.
    Sorry guys – if you weren’t doing this on your shit old 26″ wheeled bike then you won’t be doing it on your new 27″ “weapon” either.

Yes but then the OP is selling it….
    presumably for something more “modern”… (just sayin)

I’m not chained to a magic wheelsize but if I’m buying I am looking to have replacement parts… so it’s an awesome fork but then only if you have 26″ wheels etc.

I paid £1300 for my Whyte T-130…. which is about mid-range but it’s got a modern geometry and 27.5 wheels I can get other replacements for….
    I actually paid £690 for my carbon Giant XtC Advanced…. which is less than the price of a front wheel new…. though I’d say I got a bargain on that…

So how much less than say a 2015 Whyte T-130 is a 2009 Anthem worth???

coomber
    Free Member

Andy I don’t know the OP but I’d guess moving from 26″ > 650b is as much for other standards than wheel size – 1 1/8th headtube for starters. That severally limits forks so if they need a service or are getting near end of life then that’s pricey thing to fix.

I’d take the parts off, but a frame that you like and pass over what you can. £400-500 sounds about right, but consider the eBay and paypal fees if on eBay.

Goldigger
    Free Member

Just trying to workout if it’s worth the hassle of selling or splitting, I’ve only used it once in the last year as I have the 5 and a dude.
    My Mrs normally uses it, but now we have a 7 week old son so it won’t get used by her for some time.
    It’s just taking up space..

skids
    Free Member

I wouldn’t split apart from the reverb, you get a lot more than £250 for the complete bike

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

I actually think you could get a bit more than is being proposed; Giant are a mainstream brand and the Anthem is well known as one of the default XC FS bikes. Given that it’s got a good spec and looks “right”, if you held out I don’t think £600 for the complete bike is out of the question.

Just not on here, where 26“ stuff is automatically dismissed as being worthless.. 😉

Andy-R

Goldigger – Member
    Just trying to workout if it’s worth the hassle of selling or splitting, I’ve only used it once in the last year as I have the 5 and a dude.

Take no notice of me, btw – not, I’m sure, that you would anyway. I was just in a bit of a “ranty” mood, mainly brought on by comments about my bike when I was out on a group ride recently. “You were going bloody well there mate, even on that…..” It’s a 301 with 170mm Marzocchis, FFS. If I can’t “go well” on that (even with its 26″ wheels….) then I won’t be any better on anything else, that’s for certain.
    It’s been put together to be good at what I want it to do and I don’t really care what anyone else thinks.
    Although, obviously, I did care a little bit…..

chestrockwell

I was looking at building up a 26″ ht late last year and can tell you the prices quoted above are nonsense. I would say you need to split to get a decent price but if the kit is in vgc there’s still a huge market for it. You’ll have going on for £300 in the wheels, dropper and forks.

Goldigger
    Free Member

So if I split how much for the bottle holder 😀

bruceonabike
    Free Member

If this is a stealth ad, dibs on the fork. 🙂

Goldigger
    Free Member

Reviving this thread…
    If I were to split my Anthem, what could I realisticly get for the:
    Wheels
    Fork
    Shock
    Frame

Fork, wheels and shock are in new condition absolutely spotless.
    Frame has a few light scratches.

Now I’ve got a second set of wheels for my dude, it looks likely this bike will have to go.
    Might try pink bike.

breadcrumb

I’d leave the shock on the frame as a package.

Pulling numbers out of my arse-

Wheels £120-140?
    Forks £100-130?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Don’t buy or sell much stuff, but it all looks good quality kit. I reckon the following prices should be easily achievable.

Wheels/tyres 150
    Forks 150
    Seatpost 100
    Frame 200
    Other stuff 150

If you’re willing to split it, and not in a rush, then the best thing to do is try and sell it complete at a high price. Either ebay buy it now (phone number included so you can do a deal outside of ebay to avoid the fees) or pinkbike.

If no luck, then split it and stick it all on ebay with high buy it now prices; generally someone’ll pay it.

mcnultycop

You’ll do better on eBay or gumtree or local adverts than on a forum where everyone is “informed”. Bloke I work with paid £600 for an old Cube fUll-suss and thought he was getting a deal as it was £1600 new. Spec was nowhere near as good as the OPs.

Rich_s

FWIW (and I don’t ride much these days) I have a 2011 Anthem which I just bunged a set of 150mm Revs on with a short stem and flogged the Fox 32s. It is an absolute scream to ride so much so that my usual bike (07 Trance) is sitting with flat tyres in the corner of the garage.

If yours is “just taking up room” then ebay everything with low (99p) start price and see what happens. People can’t resist a bargain, even when it ain’t.

If it’s not taking up room, then keep it and trickle down stuff to your nippers in years to come.

Only one way to find out what stuff’s worth – sell it.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘What's my bike worth’ is closed to new replies.