Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • What's my bike worth?
  • iolo
    Free Member

I really have no idea.

2011 Demo 8. Small.
    Bos Idyll forks.
    Bos Stoy shock with 2 spare ti springs.
    X0 shifter and mech.
    Saint Cranks.
    Hope brakes.
    Pro 2 hubs, 721 rims
    No Pedals.

It’s literally had 4 months use. Fully helitaped.
    Very slight scratch on one stanction but doesn’t affect performance. You can hardly feel it with fingernail.

How much should I ask for it?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

*Rummages down back of chair*

53p, a teaspoon and a broken crayon.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

*Rummages down back of CaptainFlashheart*

A bronze doubloon, a laminated copy of Razzle and something I really wish I hadn’t touched.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bearnecessities

53p, a teaspoon and a broken crayon.

Sounds like a brainstorming evening with Cynic-al that got a bit racy.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Sounds like a brainstorming evening with Cynic-al that got a bit racy.

#strangest

iolo
    Free Member

It’s worth more than I thought

mikewsmith
    Free Member

26″ – Dead
    DH – Dead – enduro’s where it’s at
    smal – funny size

got a dead Xbox and a scratched copy of halo if you want to trade.

or just look at the pink bike classifieds

hora
    Free Member

Alot less than what it should go for? I’d say £800 but it should be £1,500.

jim25

My friend is struggling to sell his 2012 small dh commencal for £1000. We both think it’s worth more, but it’s only worth as much as someone a wants to pay!

BigDummy
    Free Member

Interestingly (or not) a small Demo 8 would get you a bidding war if you put it up for sale in Hong Kong.

Also

A bronze doubloon, a laminated copy of Razzle

LOL

🙂

timpol
    Free Member

Just sold a medium, similar spec 2012 for £1500, took a while to go. There are so many cheap good DH bikes about that I think you need someone specifically looking for a demo that wants to pay that extra bit.

rhid

I reckon 1000-1200 on a good day. I agree with what Timpol says, pinkbike is stuffed with loads of nice DH bikes at the minute. Not many that rubbishy cheap ones, just nice ones around that 1200-1500 mark. It took me a long while to sell my DH bike and had to do a lot of price dropping. At the time I wasn’t happy, but now I think I did pretty well!

rhid

Also if I had any spare money and any space in my house I would love to buy your Demo. I regret selling my DH bike in many ways even though I only used it 4 times a year it was by far and away my fav bike!

proutster
    Free Member

Sold my 2012 Medium Summum on Monday for £1100 after it’d been on Pinkbike for less than a week.

I’m lucky I didn’t pay anywhere near RRP for it (£3700 😯 😯 ) or I would’ve been sick as a parrot. As it was it only cost (lost?) me £600 over 2 years of DHing fun.

By the way, I presume that you’ve got more (and better) pics than the one above – it looks like it’s been shunted at the front…

As above, they’re worth nowhere near what they used to be…

iolo
    Free Member

It has definitely not been shunted, it’s just the camera angle.
    Is it a case of 99p no reserve or stick it up for a sum and hope for the best?

theflatboy
    Free Member

No reserve is risky, as obviously you are totally at the mercy of whoever happens to see it during the auction. I sold a pair of very nice CK wheels on ebay for a ridiculously low price like that – someone definitely got a bargain!

hora
    Free Member

OP whatever you do sell it for it’ll be criminal however the longer time goes on the worse that loss/pain will be. So better to get it on as many websites as possible with lots of pics. I’d even offer to sell it europewide if it’d help? (if safe?)

It’d be a great bike for the up and coming flux of people looking to go to France etc for Summer riding.

Another reason to hate those bike companies and journo’s who actively bigged up changing wheel standards that have frigged a problem that didn’t really exist IMO. I could have sold my 26’er SC for lots more otherwise too.

rhid

Try Pinkbike for a week or 2 first before ebay. Its free and you could get lucky. I have been luckier on PB with full builds that ebay or STW classifieds.

The youths still do like Demos….

gonzy
    Free Member

thats a very nice bike OP. if only i had the money, space in the house and an understanding wife who would allow me to buy a 3rd bike…i’d take it off you

realistically its hard to tell with DH bikes at the moment. the fact that the frame is a small size might make it tricky to sell as the market for small frames is quite small.
    there are loads on pinkbike and the many facebook selling pages and the prices vary massively. recently i saw a 2014 spesh status go for 800. i’ve seen a few mondraker summum’s go for around the 1k mark. my nephew recently bought a YT Tues (used twice) for 1900…like i say the prices are all over the place.
    it isnt being helped by people now wanting enduro bikes that are as capable as a dh bike.
    on a good day i would have thought you could get rid of it for close to 1500 but you might struggle to get 1k for it.
    you might get more if you split the bike

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

you might get more if you split the bike

Not sure it still has 26″ inch wheels etc, as Hora says no thanks to the bike industry for throwing another irrelevant (imho) wheel size in the mix.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘What's my bike worth?’ is closed to new replies.