Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • what's likely to happen?
  • jon1973
    Free Member

You just made all this up in order to get a reaction?

No, I think he’s saying his wife isn’t a ****.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

She really is, though. And a proper one at that.

Gary_C

Alternatively – and in no way do I endorse this course of action – are you insured for the car? Even 3rd party via your own car insurance would do. You take the points and your gf owes you BIG TIME. Insurance companies generally aren’t too bothered about the first 3 points on a license, so I wouldn’t worry about it putting your premium up.

Just to add, if it was a rear facing speed, err, ‘safety’ 🙄 scamera, ‘they’won’t be able to i.d. the driver, so, as above, if you are covered on the insurance, say it was you driving, & you were on the way to the MOT centre. If it was only a few minutes between the MOT centre & being ‘flashed’ this could be feasible….

As already said, a car with no MOT can be driven to the MOT centre, but what if you, ahem, ‘got lost’ on the way to the place, & drove around a bit before you found it ? This ‘explanation’ could be used if ‘they’ said that due to the location of the camera in relation to the MOT centre, it showed that the car was going away from the centre at the time…

Bastard ‘Safety (S)Camera Partnerships’ make my piss boil….**** all to do with road safety, & all about revenue. And, yes, I know, if you weren’t speeding, you wouldn’t get fined etc etc.

cinnamon_girl

good job that’s not what i came on here asking for then eh!!!!

This is STW, it was inevitable that you would get some flak.

deepreddave
    Free Member

pet hate of mine the driving with no insurance thing. TOTAL lack of regard for anyone else or the consequences of any accident even if not ‘your fault’ as such i.e. mechanicla failure (though possibly more your fault on an MOT failure).
    Friend just had his car rear ended by an uninsured unemployed driver. Police involved, expected 6pts and £200ish fine, payable at 50p a week. Great system as that’s a definite deterrent. As to the OP, I’d need to know why no insurance before getting on my high moral horse but as car was SORN’d I’m guessing no insurance was deliberate in which case I’d suggest compulsory organ donation in a typical STW way (and I mean her organs nor me donating one of mine of any shape or size to her!). Just to be clear I mean vital internal organs.

owenfackrell
    Free Member

As already stated you can drive to from a pre booked mot while the car is SORN as you need a valid MOT to get the disc. What you can’t do is have no insurance as you don’t need an MOT or disc to get that.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘what's likely to happen?’ is closed to new replies.