Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • What's like a pakajak but for MTB?
  • Rockplough
    Free Member

I have an old Endura pakajak which I’ve taken to using quite a lot for MTB. I like how minimal and lightweight it is. Understandably though, it’s not bearing the rough treatment too well.

What’s out there which is similarly light, packable, and minimal but more suitable for mtb? Really just extra durability I’m looking for. Don’t want pockets, zips, flaps etc if I can help it.

simondbarnes

Madison Flux?

Rockplough
    Free Member

I’d seen them but they’re even lighter than the pakajak so I’m sceptical about durability.

colin9

I use a Pakajak. Wear it several times a week and it’s been going strong for three years. It does now have a hole in it though.

Best cycling top I have owned.

tom200

Endura mtr emergency shell jacket is pretty good, very small and light with no pockets or fuss.

benp1

I assumed these had the breathability of a plastic bag, not true then?

tom200

Mine is fine, I generally don’t ride if the weather is lashing down the whole time, but it is prfect for its intended purpose i.e. when you get caught out or at the beginning/end of rides.

Rockplough
    Free Member

Breathability on the pakajak isn’t amazing but I’ve generally got a merino baselayer then some sort of jersey, so sweat gets wicked away and doesn’t bother me. if it really gets too warm I open the zip a bit.

That MTR thing might be the ticket. It looks like an MTB pakajak which is pretty much what i’m after.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘What's like a pakajak but for MTB?’ is closed to new replies.