Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • What's this bike worth (sorry!)
  • organic355
    Free Member

Just wondering what my bike would be worth as I may soon be jobless and wanted to know what I could get for it if I decide to/have to sell. Ive spent a lot upgrading it, the only thing untouched is the chainset, BB and front mech.

Pic and build list:

Frame Giant XTC T700 Carbon Composite 2006 Size S (17”).
    Fork Rockshox SID TEAM ’09
    Brakes Avid Elixir CR 160mm FandR
    Grips Giant, Rubber
    Handlebar FSA K-FORCE CARBON RISER
    Headset FSA integrated
    Headset Spcrs Brand X Carbon Spacers
    Stem FSA XC-115 OS 90mm Carbon Clamp
    Cassette SRAM PG990 (11-34)
    Chain SRAM PC991
    Chainset/BB TruVativ Comp G 9sp. 22x32x44T ISIS splined, 170mm
    Derailleur Frnt Shimano LX (M571)
    Derailleur Rear SRAM X.0 Medium Cage (Redwin Red)
    Shifters SRAM X.0 Redwin Red + Matchmaker clamp x 2
    Pedals Shimano XTR M970
    Saddle Selle Italia SLR XC Gel Flow
    Seat Post Raceface DEUS XC SL 30.9mm diameter. Trimmed
    Seatpost clamp and bolts Giant (Titanium bolt)
    Wheelset American Classic MTB 26 (R816g, F707g)
    Tyres Schwalbe Nobby Nic EVO 26 x 2.1
    Tubes Continental MTB 26 Light
    Skewers X-Lite Tech 9 Titanium 79g/pair
    Cable housings Jagwire

Total weight around 9.8kg / 21lb

Cheers for any sensible guidance!

westy77
    Free Member

nice bike mate 😆 what does it owe you would be where i would be starting! did you build it? cost it up and start from there i reckon

alpinestar
    Free Member

i would have thought with a build quality like that and weight it would do very well. not an expert but i bet £600 + for the frames age would be a good price to start it at on ebay. it would also do well split for parts. brakes forks and mechs and shifters alone must be worth a fair bit. then a carbon frame to. what were you thinking its worth like said before.

organic355
    Free Member

The frame used to go for £800, but I got a good deal on the whole bike, but most of the components have changed and been sold now.

Total spend on it is around £2,800!! (minus any sales of parts) but not sure if I would get that and hopefully it wont come to that either!!

flip
    Free Member

Less than a grand, i sold an XTC composite with full XTR about 2 yrs ago for £850.

I should have split but was in a hurry, fact you’ll make more if yer split.

xanboy
    Free Member

Tricky, you’ve got to look at what you can get new.
    Cube do a Reaction GTC team with Fox alps forks and full XT for £1600 or a GTC pro for £1399 with SLX and rebas.
    You can get a new XTC composite 2 for £1850 not the same spec but it is a new bike.
    A quick look on Ebay show 3 composite frames ranging with bids up to £250 on one, £155 on another and £96 on one with some chain suck damage.
    On a good day you might get £1000, but I’d say closer to £800 for the complete bike.

neninja
    Free Member

You’ll get more by breaking it and selling the parts separately – reckon about £1000-1200 selling the parts.

Based on my own recent experiences of selling parts I’d guess –
    Fork – £250-300
    Wheels – £200
    Frame – £250-350
    Brakes – £150
    etc

alpinestar
    Free Member

shame because it looks a nice build there with a great weight/ kit set up. id try pink bike or gumtree first before ebay. save ebay and paypal feeas. also on here and a few other forums it may do well with folks that recognise quality parts rather than just seen an older bike. try also here for selling it if need be.

http://www.mtbe.co.uk/buying-amp-selling-f8.html?sid=fae9a2b746f506091f9a4eeb48b9eb6c

Kevevs
    Free Member

mm, just right for me that. I will give you all the money in my bank account.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What's this bike worth (sorry!)’ is closed to new replies.