Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • What’s it worth? – Hummer content
  • bobster
    Free Member

Sorry – try again with a hint in the title as it was overlooked.

I can’t believe I’m considering/posting this and I know these sorts of posts are annoying BUT, what would a 2008 Litespeed manufactured (The one with the windowed gusset) Cove Hummer be worth?

17″ if anyone’s interested.

Not for sale yet, just deliberating, but feel free to contact me if you want me to save your details should I decide to do it.

the_lecht_rocks

i can’t get £700 for my 2006, so try @ £700 perhaps ?
    doubtful however as the Ti456 retails around £1100 and is a better bike by far……….

sorry mate.

chunkypaul
    Free Member

i thought about getting rid of my 2008 19″ as well TBH – i should have got the 20″ instead but hay ho…. no interest when i posted it up for £700 last year though

I’d would rather hang it off the wall than accept less than £600 for something in such good condition – shame really, it should be ridden…

the_lecht_rocks

chunky – get a layback and what length stem were you using ?
    better to ride it too short than not at all imo.

chunkypaul
    Free Member

been using a 25mm carbon layback and 90mm stem from day one to get my preferred reach and comfort – thing I found was that it put my weight too far back and it didn’t climb very well unless my revelations were set at about 100-110mm – it was a great marathon HT though but for a XC HT I preferred a Soul at 120mm…

riding buddy had a 2nd hand 2005 one and the chainsuck was a club joke, he loved the ride but couldn’t put up with the constant chainsuck so he sold it (with considerable scarring) for about £350

Onzadog
    Free Member

I know it’s no comparison but I tried last year with an Intense Tracer, it was 2001, serviced shock, new bearings, polished finish, medium and in fantastic condition. Not a sniff at £400.

High end kit really doesn’t get the sort of price it deserves. I feel your pain. My Tracer is in a box in the loft now.

steel4real
    Free Member

Hey Chunky Paul – please email me, I would like to discuss buying your frame if your are seriously considering selling it.

marcusstart@hotmail.co.uk

P.S. I hope you won’t think this rather cheeky of me but if there is an email in your profile I’ll try that as well.

Freezie
    Free Member

I’d say £800-850 if its in mint nick.

Freezie
    Free Member

Plus its an ‘medium’ frame size so it should shift quicker.

andylaightscat
    Free Member

ChunkyPaul,
    got a 20″ window gusset that I’d like to sell if you’re interested
    andy04665@hotmail.com

jedi

i would never part with my 2003 hummer(sandvic)

cynic-al
    Free Member

Do folk seriously put £00’s of frame in the loft rather than have their pride dented by accepting market value/that it wasn’t worth what they paid for it?

jedi

dunno, mine gets ridden regularly 🙂

guitarhero
    Free Member

I sold an 18″ hummer that was barely six months old, in A1 condition last year for £850

ianpinder
    Free Member

andylaightscat,

i’m interested in this but not for a month or two, would you be willing to wait that long if chunckypaul doesn’t want it

andylaightscat
    Free Member

Ian,
    could be willing to wait(for the right price :-)) as in no rush to sell
    mail me what you’d be willing to pay(frame is unmarked) and hopefully sort something out
    regards
    andy

chunkypaul
    Free Member

not after a new frame TBH, the thanks for the offer

al – i do what i like with my bikes, i have plenty to ride

now where is that hammer?

andygreener

Bobster- I might be interested in a couple of months. Keep me in mind andrewgreen25@hotmail.com
    Cheers

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘What’s it worth? – Hummer content’ is closed to new replies.