Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • What's it worth? Cannondale Scalpel content….
  • grumpster
    Free Member

Hi All,

Further to my question regarding full susser vs hardtail I’ve been offered a 2012 Scalpel 3 29er (Is it all carbon?)? Seems like it might be good for my sort of riding.

I am 5’9″ (with short legs!) and it is a medium – sound about right?

I haven’t seen it in the flesh yet but assuming it is in good original condition (ie little used) what would it be worth?

Thanks and apologies for so many questions!!

grumpster
    Free Member

I know I am being impatient but anyone?

(and I think it is alloy not carbon!)

granny_ring

What’s the price?
    You might need to give a bit more info regarding spec and condition….

mashiehood
    Free Member

Could be anything between 20 quid to 10k depending on spec and condition!

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Sizing sounds right though. I’m 5’9 and ride a medium Cannondale.

grumpster
    Free Member

Fair point – I know very little apart from it is in very good original condition and just been serviced by a LBS.

Lefty PBR??, x9 rear mech, Elixir brakes of some sort.

Looks exactly like this…

http://www.bicyclingaustralia.com.au/dsparticlelisting/b86c1ff0-1975-11e5-b2740258c5c50fb9/trail-test-cannondale-scalpel-3

grumpster
    Free Member

And apologies for being useless with the description!

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Doubt it’s carbon if it’s heavy, looks a lovely bike though.

scubashark
    Free Member

Got one, top bike. I’m 5’7 and on a medium. Alloy frame, bike is around 13Kg with dropper but fast. Lefty fork is superb, you don’t notice it whilst riding. Pop lock is really easy to use. Only thing I did was upgrade the crappy Avids to Deores. DH excellent unless it gets super steep then the aggressive head angle shows but really its a XC race bike. Not sure what they are worth these days but if you do get it I’m sure you will be happy.

grumpster
    Free Member

That’s good to hear. Bizarrely I put Deores on my current bike as they were supposed to be so good but have had no end of problems. They have been back to two different shops now but they are still rubbish. Just my luck!

Does anyone have any ideas of value? I gather the bike is very good, almost unused. As in it still has the original tyres on with very minimal wear. I would want to use it as intended so it won’t be a shed queen it if I owned it.

Any idea on value? I need to make an offer and I want to give a fair price.

Would £1K be too much?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Way too much.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Would £1K be too much?

For me, yes, way too much.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Consider it’s four years old, and you can probably get a brand new (with warranty) full sus 29er from a mail order shop like Pauls Cycles for not a great deal more.

alpin
    Free Member

I broke one. Don’t wheelie it. Don’t ride any drops greater than a kerb.

I wouldn’t… and certainly not fit 1k.

grumpster
    Free Member

OK – the seller seems to be expecting about £1K that so I am back to looking – ho hum.

Thanks all.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘What's it worth? Cannondale Scalpel content….’ is closed to new replies.