Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Whats it worth? Any interest/Banshee Spitfire (sorry for asking)
  • chilled76
    Free Member

Morning all,

Quick idea of what this should sell for would be appreciated?

Banshee Spitfire Medium 2012. RP23 Kashima shock just had brand new uprated bushing set fitted (not even ridden since fitting) no play in back end whatsoever. Condition mint (black anodised). As good condition as a used frame can be (helitaped).

Cane creek headset

White fox 32 FIT 150mm forks 15mm. Really good condition

Hope pro11’s on Stans flows (Black hubs and spokes white rims)
    Tubeless nobby nic rear hans dampf tubeless front

x9 shifters and mechs 3 x 9. Sram 990 cassette 11-32

Reverb post with sdg bel air saddle

Thomson 70mm x4 stem

XT brakes (new style ones)

All in really good condition, nicely colour co-ordinated.

I know what I’d like for it… but I’m thinking ideas of what I’d like aren’t necessarily reality.

A ball park would be appreciated.

Jamie
    Free Member

DRIVERS: Avoid getting prosecuted for using your phone while driving. Simply pop your mobile inside a large shell and the police will think you are listening to the sea.

chilled76
    Free Member

Very useful thanks

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wwaswas

why not put it on the classifieds at the price you have in mind and see what happens?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

A think a whole ball park would be ambitious. Maybe a pitching mound or a couple of dug outs to get you started.

Sorry.

Shackleton

If it is one of the older style frames anyone in the know isn’t likely to touch it I’m afraid. Too many horror stories on the internet (whether true or not) about the bushings.

I’d suggest breaking it down and putting the frame on ebay and hope to get £5-600. The rest you could probably sell on here. Forks and wheels will likely not go for as much as you hope as there seems to be a glut of 26″ stuff not really moving at the moment without a bargain price tag.

welshfarmer

Worth?

Best part of £1600

What you are likely to realise selling in today’s’ market:

£1K if you are lucky and someone really really wants a 26″ banshee

You may be better off splitting to be fair.

Just my opinion based on a rough totting up of prices of second hand bits to build something similar from classified

hora
    Free Member

You said bushes/old style OP in a previous post?

Sadly thats when I wandered off. Well broke into a sprint.

I once owned a meta5. I can live with it might crack but not maintanence on a monthly basis (where I ride).

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

It’s probably worthless I’m afraid.

Mine was trashing axles every few hundred miles, regardless of any greasing/rebuilding/rebushing regimes.

When I got my refund on it I had enough axles to rebuild the rear end four times, which is enough to ride the bike for maybe two years as your only bike so long as you were happy to ride the axles until they got properly sloppy. But it took me 6 months to get the last set of axles and you’re going to struggle to get any now I imagine. Plus the rebuild kits were £60 a pop.

Unridden after fresh axles and no play doesn’t really mean very much in terms of the mileage left in the frame.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Whats it worth? Any interest/Banshee Spitfire (sorry for asking)’ is closed to new replies.