Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • What's it worth? 2005 Specialized S-Works Tarmac frame and forks
  • BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

I’m planning on selling my 2005 S-Works Tarmac frame and forks and wondered what a reasonable asking price was?

It’s in great condition with only a few chips to the lacquer, never raced or crashed.

Any suggestions appreciated.

simondbarnes

Is that the alloy one? Not much I’d imagine. £100?

Jtidyman
    Free Member

If it’s a 58cm frame I might be interested.

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

Jtidyman, it is a 58cm carbon monocoque.

At the time it was their top of the range frame and cost £1700; it’s in black and blue Gerolsteiner team colours, the link below is to the Spesh website archive

http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bikes/archive/2005/s-works/05s-workstarmacframeset

I’ll take some pics but its in the loft at the moment so give me a day or so.

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

Pics as promised, chips to laquer on top tube and non drive side chainstay as shown

Thanks for any ideas.

BrickMan

A 7 year old carbonium frame that was prone to stress cracking (under BB yoke and extending down underside of chainstays)?

IF an OE frame, yeah £100 is probably fair. But having those Sworks written down the side prob makes it worth £200-250 F&F

But before buying any high end road (alu or carbon) frame/forks would want to see it stripped down, cleaned and thoroughly inspected under a decent lamp, as I value my face and collarbone.

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

Got the frame as an insurance replacement for a Principia that my mother in law dropped some ladders on 👿 (got documents/receipts) probably done 6000 miles max; what does OE mean?

njee20
    Free Member

Looks fairly well used, £250 or so seems reasonable. Having it in the colours of a long defunct team doesn’t help.

OE = original equipment, ie the frame on a bike not otherwise available after market.

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

Cheers njee20, I’ll aim for £250.

I thought having the name of a drug riddled team on it may add some value

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What's it worth? 2005 Specialized S-Works Tarmac frame and forks’ is closed to new replies.