Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • What's in your shaker? (myprotein content)
  • mrblobby
    Free Member

Recently started shopping at myprotein after years of using torq and sis stuff. Like being able to tweak what I put in and make things specific to the work I’m doing (and gives me something else to obsess about 😉 )

Seems to be a bewildering range of stuff on their web site. Wondering what else people on here are putting in their shakers?

I’m currently using maltodextrin, palatinose and a little fructose (and sometimes impact whey) before/during workouts. Then using impact whey, instant oats, maltodextrin, palatinose and some BCAA as recovery. Still playing around with the ratios. Finding the fructose really helps get me going at the start of workout, and the instant oats are a great addition post workout.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Nesquick and milk.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Nesquick and milk.

Standard STW response, was waiting for that 😕 I realise you can get all you need from a balanced and healthy diet too before anyone points that out.

midlifecrashes

I’m currently using maltodextrin, palatinose and a little fructose (and sometimes impact whey) before/during workouts. Then using impact whey, instant oats, maltodextrin, palatinose and some BCAA as recovery. Still playing around with the ratios. Finding the fructose really helps get me going at the start of workout, and the instant oats are a great addition post workout.

What does all of that crap do?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Sometimes I wish there were more specific sub-forums on here. If you have to ask then this is probably not a thread for you.

wiggles
    Free Member

Their vanilla flavour drops mostly…

barrykellett
    Free Member

Impact unflavoured whey in all my wee paleo inspired bakes, cakes and pancakes.

I sometimes mix a little of that much loved nesquik chocolate powder in for a milk shake too post workout, but only because i haven’t had time to sit and workout which carb source is best for me after a hard workout or race.

midlifecrashes

No, I’ve been visiting the gym 2-3x/week for a year, but never seen the need for food that doesn’t look like food.

Finding the fructose really helps get me going

Like giving unlimited Skittles at a 7 year old’s party and sending them all home hyper?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Triangle Man likes protein shakes. Helps people know that he’s been working out, and has a lifetime pass to the gun show.

Every time I see someone drinking from one of those stupid things I just think of the above.

_tom_
    Free Member

Although it does look ridiculous, triangle man > tubby man poncing around on a mtb before stuffing his gob at a cafe.

I just get the impact whey protein, natural banana has been the nicest flavour so far. Don’t go near the choco nut, it tastes awful. The best protein shake I’ve had is dymatize elite gourmet in chocolate peanut butter (tastes good even with water rather than milk) but it’s so expensive.

rollindoughnut
    Free Member

Big sack of maltodextrin in the cupboard. Stick 6-8 teaspoons in each bottle for racing or really full on workouts, marvelously cheap and a lot easier to get down your throat than fiddling with gel packets. maltodextrin doesn’t really taste sweet so just a tiny dash of fruit juice gives it some flavour.

Occasionally add some fructose too, but that is really sweet and needs a good squeeze from a lemon to make it taste nice.

Protein for after, use Torq at the moment because I trust the brand and like the flavour. Only use it after really tough, tough rides. Otherwise a glass of milk is just fine. Problem with most of the myprotein stuff is it contains a bewildering number of additives. Just want some extra protein to build muscles after sprint training or massively over-geared sessions.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Like giving unlimited Skittles at a 7 year old’s party and sending them all home hyper?

Exactly like that 🙂 Though I think there’s more fructose in chocolate nesquik than i use.

Ah well after a few years I really should know better than to post this sort of question on here 🙄

Edit: not bothered with any of the flavoured stuff so far, just gone for unflavoured. Tastes ok.

rollindoughnut
    Free Member

mtbr forums – xc racing and training 😉

mrblobby
    Free Member

mtbr forums – xc racing and training

There are other forums? 😯

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Being a proper sado I log everything I eat, I also have a shitty diet due to being 100% useless and the Mrs working 4 nights a week, it surprised me just how much protein I was missing out on. CNP stuff for me post workout ‘cos I get it proper cheap from the bike shop.

No help, I’m just posting so I can keep an eye on the thread….

[weirdo]I’d like to make some sort on concoction for breakfast that I could mix up and not have to bother eating.[/]

mrblobby
    Free Member

Monkeyfudger, instant oats and some whey would be good for that!

closetroadie
    Free Member

For 500ml of water:
    Maltodexterin 32g
    Fructose 16g
    Nuun or High5 tablet.
    Occasionally 5g Creatine.

Occasionally Impact whey 25g in 250ml fat-free milk unless a pub visit is afterwards

Usually use this for two or more classes at the gym or a Sunday ride.
    Anything shorter I don’t bother.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

30g Soya protein
    6g Creatine monohdydrate

I mix it with Koko coconut milk drink

mrblobby
    Free Member

Interesting. Why soya and not whey? Vegan?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

6g is a lot of creatine for your kidneys to deal with, even my ex housemate who’d make Lance blush with his drug stash in the fridge would only take 1g before and after the gym. Especialy if youre taking it long term for breakfast, much better to load, maintain, then take a break in time with your reaistance training.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘What's in your shaker? (myprotein content)’ is closed to new replies.