Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Whats in your hydration pack?
  • GeeWavetree
    Free Member

Just got a new MULE and and putting some stuff in- wtf do you lot have in it when its full? My stuff is just about filling the front pocket at most!!

nickjb
    Free Member

Tools, extra layer, windproof, cash, mobile phone, keys, sandwich, chewy bar. Fills a mule.

amodicumofgnar

Multi tool, first aid kit, led lights, foil blanket, light weight survival bag, tyre levers, pump, tube, puncture repair kit, cash, mini leatherman type tool, food, compact camera, water.

clunker

Puncture Repair Kit, CO2 inflator, torch, phone, Clif bar, camera, tools etc..

pitduck
    Free Member

Vimto 8)

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

light weight survival bag

wtf?

BenjiM

GeeWavetree – Member

light weight survival bag

wtf?

Handy thing to have if you come off you're bike and can't make it back to civilisation and managed to get a message to someone. I have one of these Emergency Bivvy . Tiny little thing, hardly takes up space and weighs next to nowt.

amodicumofgnar

Thats the one, thanks, for some reason cant get urls button to go today. Better than carrying one of those big orange poly bags about.

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

Little as possible. muesli stylee bar, keys, multitool +allen key for chain tool, park tools titchy patches + tyre irons (well, technically plastics i guess), phone. Bag of crisps if it's a longer ride. Oh! And zipties. And some paracetamol (1st aid kit).

kimbers

multitool, minipump, tube,tyre levers, patch kit elevenses bar, camera, brake pads, zip ties,bladder mech hanger, gear cable
    and, after 1 time i got caught out…….

and some of this

colnagokid

multi tool
    tyre levers
    pump
    brake pads
    2x tubes
    paracetamol
    gels/museli bars
    waterproof/gillet/warm gloves

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

The amount of stuff people carry always amazes me. I don't use a hyudration pack.

Bottle on the bike, carry tube, pump, puncture kit, multitool, tiewraps and thats it.

Why spend hundreds making your bike light and then carry kilos of stuff around – spare brake pads? Hand cleaner? Pliers? WTF for!

elaineanne
    Free Member

multi tool , spare innertubes. pump. waterproof jacket ,sunglasses, 2 pairs gloves, mars bar, water, tyre levers, and my whippet …

kimbers

ill happily carry 100g of hand cleaner if it means my the feacal matter is removed from my hands

amodicumofgnar

Forgot the sanigel – post trailside fix cleaning.

Seem to have a lot of stuff – perhaps its time to go back to the 80s when a flouro green zefal, marsbar and 500ml of water did for everything.

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

TJ – spare brake pads for when they go mid ride – oh i forgot, yours last 10s of thousands of miles and more years than yodas had birthdays!

momo

multi-tool (topeak alien, so not a small multi tool)
    mini-pump
    spare tube
    patch kit (for when you puncure the spare tube)
    tyre levers x 2
    mobile phone
    mini leatherman type thing
    shock pump (my old forks used to leak air and I'd have to pump them up half way round a ride, will get around to removing it one day)
    spare SRAM powerlink thingy
    bit of food cereal bar/gel
    sarnie if it's a long day out
    sometimes money
    waterproof if it looks like raining
    think thats about it

oh and something to drink too.

amodicumofgnar

Why spend hundreds making your bike light and then carry kilos of stuff around – spare brake pads? Hand cleaner? Pliers? WTF for!

Bike is about 27.5 lb, bag + kit without water is 5lb. I can get around where I need to at the speed I need to.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

For a big day out in Scottish Mountains

A couple of tubes, puncture repair kit
    Chain tool
    multi tool
    pump
    map & compass
    whistle
    First Aid Kit
    Plastic Bivi Bag
    P7 torch with sos function
    Phone
    Camera
    scran
    waterproof, buff, gloves

You just never know. This was twenty years ago in the Cairngorms. Three of us rode ten miles or more to get help for a mate with a suspected broken ankle. We just made it out before darkness fell. Dont ever count on a mobile signal for a GPS or phone.

lexiekay
    Free Member

currently, one punctured inner tube, trail map for nant y arian, a chain link, some tin foil, and a banana skin. oh and one tyre lever. maybe i need a clear out…

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Whats in your hydration pack?’ is closed to new replies.