• This topic has 50 replies, 40 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by 2002.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • What's in James Martins garage?
  • bigad40
    Free Member

Racing legends on BBC just now was about Jackie Stewart,
    Hosted by James Martin who owns some really amazing cars which he, understandably, is proud of.
    But whats that he just walked past?…
    Looks like a Cannondale Lefty something!!!!
    Anyone else see that?

geoffj

He probably robbed it off someone he ran off the road – and then his the body!

cynic-al
    Free Member

My bet is it’s full of tear soaked tissues.

reedspeed
    Free Member

Yep saw it !,just watched it & thoroughly enjoyed it !..

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Last nights was good as well, about the only time I’ve actually watched a whole programme since Guy Martin was on.

RustySpanner

So it’s him, Nigel Havers, Melanie Phillips and Matthew Parris who’ve published anti cycling rants?

Was he ever investigated as to his claims of running people off the road?
    Really was a vile article and showed what he is really like.

Bet it was his publicist who suggested putting the bike in shot.

kcr
    Free Member

From the Daily Hate:

After taking the Tesla out for a spin Martin had this gem to report: “Twenty minutes into my test drive I pulled round a leafy bend, enjoying the birdsong – and spotted those damned Spider-Man cyclists. Knowing they wouldn’t hear me coming, I stepped on the gas, waited until the split second before I overtook them, then gave them an almighty blast on the horn at the exact same time I passed them at speed.
    The look of sheer terror as they tottered into the hedge was the best thing I’ve ever seen in my rear-view mirror. I think this could be the car for me.”

Presumably nonsense, but you have to be a nasty wee attention seeking media tart to write stuff like that.

Stevelol
    Free Member

I love Saturday Kitchen and always watch it but won’t be tuning in if the above quote has any truth in it.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i’m not defending him in the slightest here, but i seem to recall that he issued an apology and said he was making it up a week or so after that article was published (and after he was bombarded with complaints and abuse for it, rightly so i feel)…

MrNice
    Free Member

MrNice
    Free Member

he doesn’t deliberately cause cyclists to crash, he just makes up stories about causing people to crash. Presumably because he thinks it impresses someone. What a lovely fellow.

parkesie
    Free Member

Wanted Jackie Stewart or just anyone to scream FORMULA in his face. Apart from that enjoyed it.

bigad40
    Free Member

Ha ha, yes FORMULA!

white101

I saw that Guy Martin buying bike bits in a shop the other day

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Formlia, Asshat!

JRTG
    Free Member

Glad it has not been forgotten, he seems to appearing everywhere once more though.

kcr
    Free Member

Yes, doesn’t matter that it was made up, because it feeds the prejudices of those who think that cyclists shouldn’t be there, and are “fair game”.
    He only apologised as a damage limitation exercise. Much like that other odious creep, Matthew Parris:

A festive custom we could do worse than foster would be stringing piano wire across country lanes to decapitate cyclists

The Times on 27 December 2007

On 3 January, 2008, Parris apologised, “It was meant humorously but so many cyclists have taken it seriously that I plainly misjudged. I am sorry.”

ptun74
    Free Member

A piss poor Partridge parody of a man with no discernible talent. That ‘opinion’ article was well publicised at the time.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

I would show him my spider moves and kick the pretend Yorkshire **** in the balls. (Allegedly)

giantx4
    Free Member

Yeah really good….tyrell looks super nice at end…shamd about blithering fat bloke in it!;)…. back when F1 was.dangerously good!!

h4muf
    Free Member

James Martins a tosser,however he’s got an epic car collection.

Hicksy
    Free Member

The TV Times said it was going to be Sir Chris Hoy on Colin McRae – Part 2 of 3?

slowmart
    Free Member

ex Mr Barbara Broccoli.

& cook.

I wouldn’t buy a piece of toast of that individual.

Can someone start a vote to deport him to where ever Piers ( I’m a sanctimonious pratt) Morgan ends up?

bigad40
    Free Member

Cannondale 29er looks like.
    Squeaky clean tho.

tobin
    Free Member

James Martin lives in the next village to me. If I saw him winching his fat gut around on a bike after all he has written, I would pedal up behind knowing he wouldn’t hear me coming, I step on the pedals, wait until the split second before I overtook him, then shove his fat arse into the hedge…

philbert31
    Free Member

^^ make sure you gopro it , I think we’d all like to see that 😆

JAG

I don’t like him as he’s a smug git (and apparently anti-cycling) but I would happily look after his cars….

Particularly loving the Ferrari 288GTO 8)

Pook

Chris Evans has a better garage.

RustySpanner

tobin – Member

James Martin lives in the next village to me.

Do tell.

Any idea when he regularly takes his penis substitutes out for a spin?
    Perhaps we could arrange a group ride?

And that picture above reminds me of the one of the hairy bloke posing with the guns and the video games – sadder than my mums funeral.

theboatman
    Free Member

His garage has got a clock on it FFS 👿

cynic-al
    Free Member

So the Yorkshire thing is a fake? DO tell…

cynic-al
    Free Member

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Is there a effigy of his own penis,
    That he sucks.

toppers3933
    Free Member

i have hated him (strong word i know) since he did the programme about doing the mille miglia, in which he very much came accross as a mardy arsed, self serving cock.

toppers3933
    Free Member

it also irritates me that he owns two extremely nice minis. im not sure why.

ratherbeintobago

No, he’s from Yorkshire. I assume that, as his shop is in Petersfield, he lives in the deepest Hants stockbroker belt though.

tobin
    Free Member

He lives in Stoke Charity near Winchester… Brings the whole place down if you ask me.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

I watched said programme on iplayer didn’t enjoy it, horses for courses I suppose.

caspian
    Free Member

My wife’s friend Ashlyn puked in his Ferrari. I’m not a fan either. Sometimes see him in Winchester in daft shoes

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

toppers3933 – Member

i have hated him (strong word i know) since he did the programme about doing the mille miglia, in which he very much came accross as a mardy arsed, self serving cock.

^^^^
    This.

I agree. He came across as a rude arrogant selfish nobber. They way he spoke to that woman (his girlfriend at the time?)

He needs to lay off the pies too. Perhaps he should ride a bicycle more.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘What's in James Martins garage?’ is closed to new replies.