Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)
  • What's good in the world?
  • joolsburger
    Free Member

Mid January doom and gloom is getting to me, trumpism, division over Europe, war, famine, violence and the rest.

Wheres the good news, upsides etc? Even a bit of eye bleach would help!!

loddrik
    Free Member

Spring is on the way!!

LeeW

Just watching first dates hotel, never fails to fill me with a little optimism and make me smile.

footflaps

You forgot the Government deliberately engineering a crisis in the NHS so they can undermine it and eventually privatise it all.

And the Chancellor threatening to tear up employee legislation and turn us into a European Singapore….

sandboy

Went for a ride this evening and saw a big male fox and a barn owl.

leffeboy

3 drivers noticed me and gave way for me with a wave and a smile this morning rather than just piling on regardless. Made me happy

funkmasterp

I spent half an hour with my three year old earlier watching him try to recite the entirety of the Gruffalo using the toys as props.

SaxonRider

Went for a ride this evening and saw a big male fox and a barn owl.

8)

I haven’t been out on my new mtb yet, but the ‘cross bike proved itself as a whopping great fun commuter today! 🙂

spekkie
    Free Member

When I pop down to the shops, this is what I see . . . What’s not to be happy about?

martinhutch

New bike day is tomorrow…

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

My old mum is recovering from her broken hip

The ducks enjoyed the rain

University Challenge was fun to watch

CheesybeanZ

big male fox and a barn owl.

They’re going to have some strange looking offspring 😆

cheekyboy
    Free Member

A bowl of my superb chilli

scotroutes

3″ tyres

simmy
    Free Member

New van day tommorow

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

After 9-10 months of stupid but debilitating injury (adductor/inguinal damage) and no biking, swimming or indeed much walking – tonight I managed 8 (gentle) laps of the local swimming pool and can now sit and stand without much pain. The bike beckons. Summer could yet be a goer! The new bike has been looking so forlorn for months now.

Am also looking forward to again doing some volunteering and giving out free painting classes.

Patience is a virtue and good things will happen if you work at them. Ever thought about volunteering your company/transport a couple of hours a week during these winter months (OAPs, disabled homeless?) – a cup of tea, piece of cake and a game of scrabble goes a long way…

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

The most difficult decision I have to make just now is whether my summer toy will be one of these

or one of these

The first is more practical, I love the look of the second.
    I wish all choices were this difficult

breadcrumb

Snowdrops are out so Spring is on the way.

My 4 month old daughter’s smiles are the best thing ever though.

matt_outandabout

@BigButSlimmer – First one.

Fun. Much better than plodding. Although I did enjoy this for 5 summers:
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/cHS1So]Drascombe Gig[/url] by Matt Robinson, on Flickr

Yesterdays lemon drizzle birthday cake tastes even better today. 8)

tjagain

Whats good? reforestation in Scotland. Raptor persecution beginning to be taken seriously. Beavers doing OK in the wild.

I have stopped following the news tho – its all such a disaster for the ordinary person

Northwind

badnewz
    Free Member

YouTube

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

The summer, beer, tits and proper slow cooked BBQ ribs.

I should move to Texas or somewhere warm with mountains.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

matt – i know, but i love the looks and having to go slow enough to let everyone else appreciate them

cloudnine
    Free Member

Hasnt been that bad this winter.. Not that wet, not that cold… it could be way more miserable outside. Nights are slowly drawing out, 6 weeks time spring starts and then..

CountZero

BBSB – the second boat, that is a thing of timeless beauty! Gaff-rigged, red sails…
    Be still, my beating heart!
    I’m sure the top one may be a tad faster, but really, neither are racing boats, and I’m pretty sure the second one would bring much more pleasure over time.
    I spotted a lovely little sailing boat down in Salcombe harbour several years ago, she looked just like Swallow, from Swallows and Amazons, and she came in and tied up while I was nearby, so I asked the woman who’d been sailing her about her, turns out she’s a replica of a clinker-built boat of the same period, glass fibre hull, mould taken from a wood-built original, teak and brass fittings, and the woman sailing her was a member of the trust that owns Nancy Blackett, Arthur Ransome’s boat that he owned, and was living on when he wrote We Didn’t Mean To Go To Sea, and after which Goblin is based in the book.
    We were chatting for ages, and a boat like that will always have much more character.
    Wooden hull, or glass fibre?

teasel
    Free Member

Food is good. Just the sheer variation and combinations available makes it one of the better things to come out of our development as a species.

Take time to enjoy and explore – ‘s all good…

teasel
    Free Member

‘kin hungry now

😐

oldtalent
    Free Member

Trump and brexit, the rise of the right. But everyone likes different things i suppose.

shermer75
    Free Member

It’s springtime for Donald in America

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Winter for Poland and France.

lesgrandepotato

Spent a good couple of hours in wrightysons daughters bedroom.

Kryton57

An annnouncement today that Greggs will start a delivery service in London soon.

rickmeister

So much snow its road biking only, knowing it will calm down when the forest trails get prepped
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/QF7Xbm]P1230559[/url] by Andrea, on Flickr
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/PY1Kh3]P1230531[/url] by Andrea, on Flickr

bencooper
    Free Member

85% of children worldwide can read – the highest number ever.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I have 11, no 13, no 9, no back to 11 of these fellas scoffing off the feeders..

Fabulously fabulous

Ferris-Beuller
    Free Member

Not much…i was duped into seeing David Icke on Saturday.

tenfoot

In ‘n Out burgers

mogrim

The curry I made that I’m having for lunch later. And I seem to be finally getting over my flu.

franksinatra

I’ve lost nearly 8kgs in the past few weeks so now marginally less fat than I was before

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘What's good in the world?’ is closed to new replies.