Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • What's going to happen to you when you die?
  • rickmeister

Organ donation, body to science, no funeral.

The end

councilof10
    Free Member

Just been discussing this with a friend. We also discussed what would happen if we were left in a persistent vegitative state… He’s asked me to keep him alive and keep going round to tell him stories about bike rides, and he’s said I can “sort his missus out”… And that he might want to watch.

I’m going to try and break his neck on our next ride. 😉

sweepy
    Free Member

I don’t care what the Mrs does if I go first, I don’t want a funeral but whatever helps her through is fine by me.
    By the same token she has asked to be buried in an eco coffin in a woodland and I’ve promised that I will.
    I won’t tho’- she’ll be dead so I’ll do whatever I feel like, and to be honest if she dies in a hospital I doubt i’ll even collect the remains.

badnewz
    Free Member

Organ donation, then turned to ashes and scattered somewhere on my local mtbing loop.

rOcKeTdOg

i would quite like a bench over looking a nice view dedicated to me, if they want to sit my body on it to rot i don’t mind

councilof10 – Member
    Just been discussing this with a friend. We also discussed what would happen if we were left in a persistent vegitative state… He’s asked me to keep him alive and keep going round to tell him stories about bike rides, and he’s said I can “sort his missus out”… And that he might want to watch.

I’m going to try and break his neck on our next ride.
    post of the day so far!

slowoldgit
    Free Member

The downside with this is that a far larger proportion of you will probably end up in Aberdeen…

Well, the bigger bits might irritate if they get in a few eyes and up a few noses.

PS what happened to BB codes?

flaps
    Free Member

I watched a program once about bodies donated to science, they spoke to them living and watched them getting chopped up after death, it was a bit weird! I didn’t like how the family then had to wait ages for the body to be released for a funeral.
    For me I’ve asked for all my parts to be recycled and then to go straight to cremation. No funeral, no horrid two week wait for the family and about half the price of a usual do so they can have a holiday too

yossarian
    Free Member

http://www.thelongbarrow.com

This. Preferably unofficial. Also some good old boys from the village are going to prepare and smoke some of my bones.

Northwind

My brother’s been tasked with the job of driving to Arisaig and spreading my ashes from a rock outcrop at Portnadoran. Ideally I’d like it if they all blow in his face, like in the Big Lebowski. It’s just a place I loved as a kid and also it’d be fairly inconvenient for him so that seems like an appropriate way to be remembered.

chewkw
    Free Member

The most environmental friendly ways are:

Sky burial … feed the birds.
    Feed to crocodile … but try not to make it a habit coz once they get the taste village people will suffer.
    Turn into fertiliser … location is a problem.
    Feed to Piranha … air ticket might be expensive.
    Cremation … good but use up a lot of energy and air pollution etc.

senorj

I’ve told my brothers that I would like to be cremated and my ashes taken up Skiddaw (on a clear day) and buried there* .

*Too windy to scatter them there and I remember the hilarious farce of scattering my dad’s ashes on his fave beach.ha.

padkinson
    Free Member

My dad had some really specific requests when he went, I think mainly to mess with us posthumously.
    We had to sprinkle half of him at his favourite place to stop on a bike ride in the Lakes, and specified that we had to ride the full route to get him there. After lugging the quality street tin full of ashes for miles, up and down the bloody hills, it was more a feeling of relief when we lobbed them into the air rather than anything poignant.
    The other half had to be scattered off a Thames barge, into the river Blackwater, in a Barge match (race). This only happens once or twice a year, so we haven’t got around to it yet.

It’ll be organ donation/med student donation for me, although hopefully by the time I do go they’ll be able to grow all the organs they need in labs.

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

Routine incineration. Ashes to be put in some tubeless fluid as an experiment.

mattyfez

Had to do a funeral recently, what really struck me was an eco coffin was £200 more than a standard coffin.

It was a cremation.

Go figure.

sideshowdave
    Free Member

Two words …………soylent green 😆

seosamh77
    Free Member

I’d like to be reincarnated, please! 😆

greencat
    Free Member

Donate useful body parts to medicine, rest to Battersea dogs home.

ferrals
    Free Member

Lancashire hot pot

deadkenny
    Free Member

sideshowdave – Member 
    Two words …………soylent green

Nom, nom, nom 😀

pondo

had planned on giving my eyes to Stevie Wonder.

Ferris Bueller, you’re my hero. 🙂

Organ donation, body to science

Oo, didn’t know you could do both. Works for me. 🙂

theocb
    Free Member
    joolsburger
    Free Member

Whatever is cheapest, very hard to do for less than a grand. I’d rather mine spent the cash on a nice meal and a few drinks after.

kayla1
    Free Member

Give away any useful bits.
    Bury in a cardboard box under a young tree.
    Rot and give a little bit back to the planet.

+1 and as cheaply as possible- spend the money on having fun instead.

Scapegoat

I want to be kept in Chris Packham’s freezer. Don’t tell him though, I like surprises.

Scapegoat

Favourite ashes scattering story was a life member of a black powder shooting club. His ashes were loaded into all the other members’ muzzle loaders and fired over the range.

slackalice
    Free Member

Ashes loaded into several rocket fireworks.

Go out with a bang. 😀

seosamh77 – Member
    I’d like to be reincarnated, please!

It’s your world, reality, universe, truth. So if it makes your life happier and you a better person, of course you can!

And no one has the right to deny you your truth, especially here.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Here’s a question I been ponderin recently, what happens if an afterlife is only possible if you believe in it? 😆

Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘What's going to happen to you when you die?’ is closed to new replies.