Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • What's going on then? (Possible end of the world content)
  • binners

Mrs Binners was busy cooking tapas for tonight, and banished me off to the shops to get a couple of odds and sods she’d forgotten (and to get my half built bike out of the dining room)

So I’ve just moseyed, innocent and unsuspecting, into Morrisons. What greated me has chilled me to the bone! A scene of utter desperation and destruction. It seems the entire population had flocked there in a state of what can only be described as blind panic! They jettisoned every last vestige of their humanity as they picked over the decimated shelves, desperately searching for the nourishment needed to sustain them through the coming apocalypse. Even the aubergines were gone

The trouble is, I can’t find out what this apocalypse is. I’ve checked for alien spacecraft hovering above. Nothing. The weather is a bit grim, but there are no immanent tsunami’s or hurricanes forecast. There appears to be no deterioration in east west relations that threaten sudden thermonuclear Armageddon

So what’s going on then?

richmars

Don’t know, but the same in Tesco (only tried to get petrol). Tail back for the car park, mass panic. I think the shops are closed for about 12 hours. How will we survive?

wwaswas

Even the aubergines were gone

They were fighting (well giving each other funny looks and sniffing a bit) over the Pancetta in Waitrose.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Waitrose in Henley was fine other than a bit of grabbing near the mulled wine scented toilet bleach

psling
    Free Member

Everyone’s stocking up on comfort food because they’re all giving up smoking tonight.

Of course, the cunning ones stocked up a month ago… 😉

wwaswas

*this* is the best fight in a supermarket story of the year;

All in 140 characters.

slightly more detail: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/david-hasselhoff-batman-smurf-help-2689188

Cougar

Mrs Binners was busy cooking tapas for tonight, and banished me off to the shops

Good gods, man. I hope you bought pies.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Asda was no better – the WHOLE Xmas holidays and they decide they need to shop NOW!

Jamie
    Free Member

Tesco in P’boro was also packed.

Luckily I was clicking/collecting, and the little hut you get the shopping from is out the way on the other end of the carpark. Wouldn’t have bothered otherwise…

derek_starship
    Free Member

Booth’s at Media City was serenity itself. It was like an epicurean library. All hushed and apologetic. And I saw Tony Morris off of Granada Reports 😆

Conversely , Morrison’s on Christmas Eve was like watching the supermarket scene in Threads. There was even a run on dried dates. Madness.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

It’s the Y2014 bug innit? Or the wispy remains of comet Ison suddenly disobeying all the celsetial laws and dropping on London, or maybe it’s the rumblings of the El Heirero volcano, or Texas swine flu…

or was it a Waily Excess weathergeddon headline?

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Meadowhall was calm but full of young women who all seemed to have been given terracotta foundation and a thick black marker pen for Christmas, I was envious of the stils they had been given!

warton
    Free Member

Sainsburys in whitley bay was lovely. I was only buying booze, the sparkly was a bit barren, but I got a couple of bottles.

project
    Free Member

All the major shops are closed tommorrow,due to sunday trading laws evn though its not sunday.

So lots of fat people with fat dogs driving aimlessly round looking for somewhere open to waste money.

simmy
    Free Member

My Mates away in his caravan for New Year and I nipped down to him yesterday, went to a Tesco express and they had no sandwiches, potatoes, bananas or anything sensible left.

It was like Armageddon.

Finally found a Sainburys that had a load of kids walking around it that smelled of weed. That had full shelves…….

LadyGresley
    Free Member

All the major shops are closed tommorrow,due to sunday trading laws evn though its not sunday.

My local Sainsburys is open tomorrow 🙂

john_drummer
    Free Member

All the major shops are closed tommorrow,due to sunday trading laws evn though its not sunday

Morrisons are open too. And the Co-op

docstar
    Free Member

New year diets start tomorrow so they’re stuffing their faces tonight!

project
    Free Member

Lady Gresley – Member

My local Sainsburys is open tomorrow

john_drummer – Member

All the major shops are closed tommorrow,due to sunday trading laws evn though its not sunday

Morrisons are open too. And the Co-op

so much for the quiet shoping day for me tomorrow as most stwers tell everyone the shops are shut.

brakes
    Free Member

in order to avoid the zombie apocalypse I got takeaway
    there are a few edamame beans left and some prawn toast for tomorrow
    nom

cheez0
    Free Member

Mrs Binners … sent me off to the shops to get a couple of odds and sodsun-needed items she’d panicked into thinking she needed.
    There I found a lot of other people just like me.

FTFU

DezB
    Free Member

oops, wrong thread. carry on

johndoh
    Free Member

We went to the shop because we needed shopping.

We went, we bought stuff, we carried on.

cinnamon_girl

Does it really matter if you have cornflakes for lunch … then dinner?

Surely there’s more important things than one’s stomach, no?

johndoh
    Free Member

I’d agree, for the sake of two 4 yr olds eating preferences and a quiet day tomorrow I couldn’t care less.

weare138
    Free Member

My brother in law works at the local sainsburys, they took £11k in cheese on the night before Xmas eve. Weez doomed.

grantway
    Free Member

Noticed the blind panic through the high st on the way home.
    decided to order an Indian takeaway and asked to add a couple of good bottles of wine to the order
    Happy New Year

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘What's going on then? (Possible end of the world content)’ is closed to new replies.