Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • What's going on over at Ragley?
  • drookitmunter
    Free Member

I love my Piglet and have lusted over a Bagger for ages but they rarely pop up on eBay.

What are Ragley up to just now? The only frame they’re selling is the aluminium Marley which really isn’t my cup of tea.

Give us a Bagger 2.0!

grum
    Free Member

Are they still a going concern since Brant went back to On-One?

atlaz
    Free Member

Did anyone take over product development from Brant?

drookitmunter
    Free Member

Are they still a going concern since Brant went back to On-One?

Ah I didn’t realise that was the case.. I’ll have a look at their frames..

tomaso
    Free Member

Stock of Ragley bits on CRC is dwindling, but a new season’s worth of stuff is surely due as the Marley has been launched late this year and the obvious brand alternatives for Hotlines/CRC are Nukeproof and Vitus and neither have a steel frame offering, which would have indicated that the Ragley brand was being ditched. And I’m not sure Nukeproof or Vitus have the niche branding that steel buying folk aspire to?

I’ve bought both my Ragley frames in the sale cheap and the cycle of feast and famine does seem to be standard Ragley practice.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Been wondering this myself. They had a couple of nice looking full suss bikes that they exhibited at some of the shows a year or so ago. What became of them?

drookitmunter
    Free Member

And I’m not sure Nukeproof or Vitus have the niche branding that steel buying folk aspire to

Yup! Nail on the head there. Steel and weird for me please 🙄

FROGLEEK
    Free Member

I enquired at my lbs, a local Ragley stockist. Apparently the full suss designs with mis matched travel were too close legally to some other more well established brands hence they had to be shelved and put on the back burner.
    Hotlines owns Ragley so maybe a mail direct to them might reveal more.

phildaws
    Free Member

I asked exactly the same question on their facebook page, seems a new blue pig is on the horizon, along with a 29″ (pics on facebook) and a few tarted up bars/stems/seats….. I like Ragley, loved my Mmmbop, good to know they are still around

messiah
    Free Member

I miss my Troof.

ahhhjrene
    Free Member

Doesn’t the 456 EVO!!! have similar numbers to the Bagger/Blue pig? Cheaper and you wouldn’t have to deal with hotlines/ragley if here was a problem.

jambalaya
    Free Member

In Jan/Feb when I started looked at HT’s I contacted Ragley as my LBS stocked them, I sent them over an email which they eventually responded to. In the meantime I had been in conversation with Dialed and Cotic who were both super responsive so that’s where I spent my money.

chestrockwell

Same happened before when changing from the mk1 bikes. My mate had a dodgy mk1 Blue Pig and had to wait nearly a year for a replacement (which also turned out to be mince). Seem to remember it being because they changed factories due to qc issues.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘What's going on over at Ragley?’ is closed to new replies.