Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What's Gisburn like at the mo?
  • masterwatson2000
    Free Member

Having a ride this afternoon and figured the best option for today would be some relatively weather resistant trails. Is Gisburn looking well at the moment? Or what else around that neck would y’all suggest for a drizzly afternoon pootle?

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Turbo?

martinhutch

Gisburn will be fine, holds up pretty well. If you’re hardier, the nidderdale classic, or most of it anyway, is pretty weather resistant.

masterwatson2000
    Free Member

@luke, nope, this ain’t turbo… @martin, nidderdale looks good, but over an hour away from Gisburn (and just happens to be in wrong direction), owt closer you know of?

martinhutch

http://www.yorkshiredales.org.uk/outandabout/gettingactive/cycling/mtb/mtb-findaroute/mtb-route-tunnelsbridges

This is close to Gisburn and holds up pretty well, with some fast descents. But it’s quite short – you’ll be around in 1.5 hours. This and Gissy in the afternoon?

tomj
    Free Member

I was at Gisburn a couple of weeks ago and it was fine. Not much mud, a few puddles, but all very rideable. Not been a huge amount of rain since

masterwatson2000
    Free Member

@martin, nice, thanks! This looks like a goer. I’m just after an avro pootle with a couple of mates, so this 19km is plenty! @tom are you mad man?! We’ve had more flood warnings in the last week than we’ve had for a long time, we’ve lost half of Norfolk…

sumomatt
    Free Member

Think it’s the Santa Beard night ride from 4pm today.

muddy247
    Free Member

Rode Gisburn last Sunday- few puddles in the first few sections but the rest of the trail was good and plenty of grip!

masterwatson2000
    Free Member

Santa ride?! Ah man, that sounds like great fun! Maybe I’ll stick around and see them off. Wife won’t allow the coveted evening pass though, so no beard whitening for me!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What's Gisburn like at the mo?’ is closed to new replies.