Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • What's Galloway up to now?
  • Pigface
    Free Member

I had a lot of respect for George but he seems to have really lost the plot. The way he tore the Senate hearing apart, his stance on the Iraq war and the call for Blair to face criminal charges.

He has been proved right on a lot of what he said but unless he is right in contesting the result he is going to look a bit foolish.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

He has plenty of contacts and work.

He had some good and bad points.

Bit dodgy in the media portrayal.

Same as any politician/Stw’er!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

He also claimed “widespread malpractice” involving postal voting meant the result must be “set aside”.
    A Labour spokesman said the action was “pathetic and without any foundation”.
    Mr Galloway won the Bradford West seat in a by-election in 2012, but lost to Ms Shah – who secured a majority of more than 11,000 in last week’s general election.
    However, the bitter campaign was dogged by claims and counter-claims between Labour and Respect over a number of issues – particularly relating to Ms Shah’s family background.
    Labour accused Mr Galloway of breaching election law by making false statements during the campaign.

Mr Galloway was reported to police on Thursday for allegedly sending a tweet about exit polls before voting closed – which is banned under election law.
    His spokesman called the allegation a “storm in a thimble”.

Lost by 11,000
    http://www.bbc.com/news/politics/constituencies/E14000589
    Must have been one hell of a conspiracy.

allthepies
    Free Member

Wants to stand for London Mayor next year I thought.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

He’s up to something, though that might just be hiding.

Vanished from twitter. Anyone seen him since that dodgy speech?

ninfan
    Free Member

Just noise/chaff to try and implicate others after he was accused of breaking electoral law himself (tweeting false exit polls)

Northwind

TBH I just think he’s having a great time, he just seems to love publicity of any sort.

Junkyard
    Free Member

He is either sat at home in front of a mirror admiring himself or sat somewhere in front of a camera publicising himself

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Well he looks rough as hell, so I guess it’s the latter… somewhere.

gobuchul
    Free Member

Being a prick.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

He is always threatening legal action against anyone who disagrees with him.

He does seem to be getting further and further away from reality.

Alphabet

What’s Galloway up to now?

Big Brother starts again tomorrow …

patriotpro
    Free Member

he is going to look a bit foolish.

Waaaay too late to avoid that.

slowoldman

Being an irritating turd/self-publicist. So no change there.

cranberry
    Free Member

He’s made the mistake of standing for the same seat twice – he is usually cannier than that – and he is upset at the result.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

He’s been swallowed alive by his own ego.

wwaswas

He’s also claiming on twitter that the Thanet/Farrage result was ‘suspicious’.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

has anyone seen him and JHJ in a room together?

footflaps

Spending all the money he raised in Kickstarter for his anti-Blair film

Home

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Wants to stand for London Mayor next year I thought.

oh good, you just keep him down here because we sure as indefatigablity don’t want him back up here

jambalaya
    Free Member

Graves, Hyenas, Lions, Venal, Vile, Racists, Zionists – what a rambling rant

BBC Link

No doubt he’ll be on his Middle Eastern TV show speaking of electoral fraud etc etc

freeagent
    Free Member

He is a nasty, self-serving little sh*t, who appears to jump from one publicity band wagon to another.

I’d love him to run for London Mayor, just because he’s got no chance of getting it.

riddoch

The last speculation I saw was that he might go for mayor of tower hamlets. He was a big supporter of the last elected mayor who had just been kicked out for various reasons.

wwaswas

who had just been kicked out for various reasons

reasons include: lying, cheating, vote rigging, false race card playing, threatening, etc.

Can’t believe he got within a mile of public office.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@riddoch The Respect Party won’t win Tower Hamlets again. I suspect if he does anything politically he’ll stand for London Mayor for the publicity. He makes very good money from his TV work so he doesn’t need a “job” as such. Plenty of “charities” he could work for too.

midlifecrashes

Some appear to have found his campaigning techniques a bit too unconventional.

http://www.politico.eu/article/galloway-bradford-elections-uk-ge2015/

jambalaya
    Free Member

Ah but let’s be clear Respect and Galloway aren’t anti-semitic just anti-Isreal, it’s different no ?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Very different as the courts consistently prove.
    Call him out with your indestructible arguments and I am sure you could convince 12 of your peers to agree with you.

Clearly you can despise the nation state of Israel/ zionism and not hate Jews
    In much the same way you can despise Isis* and not hate all Muslims.
    Its not really hard to grasp this distinction
    IMHO many Zionists, and their apologists, hurl it to curtail debate and because they know its so hard to justify the state of Israel and its actions.

* no I am not saying Israel and ISIL are the identical so please dont miss the point and claim that.

jambalaya
    Free Member

JY did you read the piece @midlife linked to, would your wife go there are say she was Jewish ? Galloway knows exactly what he is doing with the rhetoric and “Bradford as an Israeli free zone”. The Jewish journalist was punched in the head outside a Respect rally by a Pakistani Respext supporter as he was Jewish, that’s my take on it.

EDIT: Just to be clear of course it’s possible to be anti-Israeli government policy and not anti-semitic. Thats the line pedaled by Galloway but he knows how his audience react to what he’s saying.

Junkyard
    Free Member

If only your take was as clear cut when Israel are killing and bombing innocent Palestinians in their homes [via collective punishment[, in UN peace areas, and in hospitals.
    I make no defence for either group but I know which I consider to be the greater crime.
    You?
    FWIW I am not sure how what they did proves anything about galloway which was the claim I answered

Feel free to take him to court and prove your insinuations – i note you were careful to not libel him with your slur.
    I dont like Galloway, I dont much like respect.
    he is not a racist as you suggest. For that matter neither is Farage* even if his party has them.

* they both get pretty close to the line IMHO

jambalaya
    Free Member

The incident has been reported to the Police, I imagine there will be insufficient evidence.

It won’t be possible to prosecute Galloway, like Choudray he’s far too cute with his language. Respect are pretty vocal on Palestine, I don’t recall they organised any “fee zones” following the school massacre in Pakistan

Junkyard
    Free Member

It appears they are no where near as good as you at whatabouterry

Again not a decision I am prepared to defend but I note you failed to even address or countenance the idea that israel could be criticised
    Lets not bother with this as you are as biased as you claim they are but just from the Zionist side

I suspect I have an equal chance of convincing you of this as you have of convincing george

jambalaya
    Free Member

Of course Israel can be criticized, you can take that “as read” from me, but even then with caution as clearly not everyone there supports the government policy. There are those that think Israel is too soft on Hamas and those that think it’s too harsh on Palestinians generally and whole range of views in the middle. 7/7 terrorists didn’t differentiate between Brits that where against the war in Iraq when they planted their bombs and neither does Galloway when he declares Bradford an Israel Free Zone.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Of course Israel can be criticized

No it can’t be, not in the eyes of most Zionists. Even Jews who criticize Israel are denounced as
    “self-haters”.

Junkyard
    Free Member

7/7 terrorists didn’t differentiate between Brits that where against the war in Iraq when they planted their bombs

I am amazed this did not read
    Israel forces didn’t differentiate between Palestinains that where against the war when they drop their bombs

Of course Israel can be criticized

In your harsh and robust criticism of Israel you somehow managed to avoid criticising them and somehow ended up with a cheap slur that tried to link Galloway with a terrorist attack and ignored the fact Israel launches illegal attacks time and time again .Attacks illegal in both international law and Israel law

there really is no point engaging with you on Israel it its like discussing guns with the NRA but with out the insights or rampant liberalism.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

The way Israel behaves just goes to show that if you bully someone enough they turn and bully the next smallest.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I have said this before but it shames all of humanity
    After all the persecution they went through to then do this says something about what it is to be a human. The wholes scenario is a mess with no easy solution with crimes and atrocities committed on all sides.

Its seems its not easy for humans to live together in peace and harmony.

jambalaya
    Free Member

In some respects its probably wise to let’s this lie, I’ve thought about it at length but have decided against.

Its seems its not easy for humans to live together in peace and harmony.

This JY I agree with strongly, its an unwelcome fact we see throughout the world and in our own country. Its why you need a military and police and to defend yourself robustly if necessary. Sometimes that defense looks like attack, old military cliche that attack is the best form of defense. In 1967 Israel believed it was about to be attacked by Egypt, Jordan and Syria so it moved into Gaza and the West Bank.

The way Israel behaves just goes to show that if you bully someone enough they turn and bully the next smallest.

We all interpret situations differently on the formation of Israel Egypt, Jordan and Syria with the support of Palestinians spent 20 years trying to wipe it form the face of the earth. Who where the bullies ? Palestinians (Gaza was in Egypt and West Bank in Jordan) have never accepted now being in Israel, with the more extreme like Hamas and Islamic Jihad accepting nothing other than the eradication of Israel.

Below is a piece from vice news about Galloway stoking extremism in Bradford last year. The images are from the piece and where taken in Bradford at a pro Gaza rally – not too many peace loving demonstrators on show – one where Galloway called for the town to be twinned with Gaza.

Vice News – Galloway & Bradford

Approaching a year after the war Gaza is in a terrible situation, not least as Egypt has tightened it’s blockade demolishing all houses for a 1000 meters on its side of the border following increased terrorist attacks in Sinai and eradicating almost all of the smuggling tunnels (many stories on Vice News and Al-Monitor). Also the pledged $5bn in aid to Gaza from mostly Arab countries has failed to materialise. I can’t comment on why they have reneged on the commitments but that is what’s happened. The Israelis continue to allow cement and other materials into Gaza but the overall funding promised has not been there.

One strong plus from my side of a Tory victory is any recognition of Palestine as a state by the UK is much less likely than under a Labour coalition. It’s quite simply not the right time to do so, we have to see a material shift in the Hamas position in particular but also the PA / PLO before that is appropriate.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I live in Bradford.

I said Israel bullies because they do.

I’m not saying anything about why and the threats they face [which are real, and dangerous] but their behavior has been tantamount to collective punishment and to try to pretend otherwise is to have your head in the sand.

Personally I think the sooner mankind leaves this appalling idea that they know the will of a God who’s never shown a hint of existing and that that will is the extermination of another human….the better the world will be.

Sadly, evolution is slow.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘What's Galloway up to now?’ is closed to new replies.