• This topic has 79 replies, 58 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Nick.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 80 total)
  • What’s floating yer boat, music wise?
  • grievoustim
    Free Member

just download spotify

you should be able to access most of the music above via that, its free and 100% legal

Ambrose

This is what is getting me going at the moment. Pushes all the buttons. Reminds me of people, places, events, emotions.

A bit cheesy but for me it really hits the spot, almost as good as the original.

seven
    Free Member

the new eels album is rather good

Keva
    Free Member

bloc party just now…

Kev

Keva
    Free Member

hombre.. something or other.. played it a couple of times need to play it some more.. reckon there’s some good stuff on ther.. daisies, souljacker and shootenanny are great…

Kev

rj
    Free Member

A Child is Born – Johnny Mathis

ronjeremy
    Free Member

I’ve had ‘the song remains the same’ by Led Zep on most days while driving back from work,

also just picked up the Cat Stevens compilation from Tesckyi’s lastnight so that as well,

kicking it real old school

Reluctant
    Free Member

My fave 3 bands of the last decade, in no particular order;
    The Handsome Family, now sadly past their best.
    Boards of Canada; ditto!
    Grandaddy – the baddest and sadly missed. Jason Lytle’s solo album just ain’t doing it for me 🙁

zaskarrider
    Free Member

at the mo…

a bit of ACDC
    some GREEN DAY

just had a look at the making of rock and roll train on you tube
    worth a look

Purplefunkymonkey
    Free Member

The Field ; Yesterday and today.
    Paul White ; The strange dreams of…..
    Milanese ; Lockout.
    Chinese man ; The groove sessions vol II.

da funk

tankslapper
    Free Member
    RichPenny
    Free Member

Anyone liking the Fleet Foxes should have a look at the BBC website. Glastonbury Videos section has 30 minutes of their set up, really looking forward to seeing them in september now! Also, Bunnyhop, if you like them, check out Bon Iver . I’m hoping that some of their set will be up on the BBC too. Playing twice too…

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

Since his tragic death the other day I’ve been listening to a lot of Sky ‘Sunlight’ Saxon – in The Seeds and Ya Ho Wha 13 as well as one or two other bits and pieces.

Recent stuff (which, as time passes at a more leisurely pace means last two years to me):
    Sunn o))) – Monoliths and Dimensions
    Wolves in the Throne Room – Black Cascade
    Causa Sui – Free Ride
    Sunn o))) – Domkirke
    Electric Wizard – Witchcult Today
    Æthenor – Faking Gold and Murder
    Mono – Hymn to the Immortal Wind
    Sunburned Hand of the Man – Fire Escape
    Earthling Society – Tears of Andromeda
    Heavy Water Experiments – s/t
    Nadja – Radiance of Shadows
    Eat Static – Back to Earth
    Spectrum Meets Captain Memphis – Indian Giver
    Orthodox – Amanecer en Puerta Oscura
    Kayno Yesno Slonce – Elohim Neva Senzu
    Julian Cope – Ya Gotta Problem With Me
    Brain Donor – Wasted Fuzz Excessive
    Current 93 – Aleph at Hallucinatory Mountain
    Urthona – “I Refute It Thus”
    Sylvester Anfang II – s/t
    Dungen – 4
    Nadja – Desire in Uneasiness
    Brian Jonestown Massacre – My Bloody Underground
    Dungen – Tio Bitar

So, a lot of doom/psych etc.

Of the older stuff:
    Krautrock (Ash Ra Tempel, Popol Vuh, Agitation Free, Amon Duul, Amon Duul II, Can, Neu!, Faust, Cluster, Cosmic Jokers, Kraftwerk etc)
    Japrock (Flower Travellin Band, Les Rallizes Denudes, Speed, Glue & Shinki, etc)
    Modern Japrock (High Rise, Marble Sheep, Acid Mothers Temple, Boris, etc)
    Anarcho punk (Crass, Subhumans, Amebix, Icons of Filth, Conflict)
    Older electronica (Silver Apples, Suicide, etc)
    70s rock (Hawkwind, Sabbath, Zeppelin, The Way We Live/Tractor, Sir Lord Baltimore, etc)
    Folk/Neo-folk (Incredible String Band, United Bible Studies, Charalambides, Comus, Sharron Kraus, Iditarod, Magickal Folk of the Faraway Tree, etc)
    And psychedelia from across the ages (13th Floor Elevators, Dead Meadow, Plasticland, Liquid Visions, Mad River, Blue Cheer, OPen Mind, Bevis Frond, Abunai!, Walkingseeds, etc, etc ad infinitum)

and Julian Cope.

Well, you did ask.

Ferris-Beuller
    Free Member

At the mo, for me, its a band called The Rifles. A bit Indie, but great tunes..

MRanger156
    Free Member

Passion Pit is the best thing i’ve listened to recently

rockitman

Looking forward to getting my hands on the Florence and the Machine album “Lungs” and some new Sub Focus tracks – Rockit and their mix of Empire of the Sun

metalheart
    Free Member

Dug out Pyramid Electric Co. by Jason Molina which I’m liking a lot.

Also picked up the recent offerings from Bill Callahan (Sometimes i wish we were an eagle) and Jeffrey Lewis (‘Em are I) both of which definitely have their moments.

Also picked up the Pavement Wowee Zowee douple pack re-issue which I missed at the time. Glad I did too…

Trouble in Mind: The Doc Watson Country Blues Collection 1964-1998 is still getting heavy rotation mind.

richardk
    Free Member

I’m off to find some Subways (not the crap sandwichs) this morning after seeing them last night. Restored my faith in live music seeing them play.

tomzo
    Free Member

peter bjorn and john
    Friendly Fires
    and Mark Ronsons Essential mix that he did for radio 1 a few years back

manitou
    Free Member

Susan Tedeschi band

http://www.susantedeschi.com/

timdrayton
    Free Member

loving paolo nuttinis new album specifically the tricks of the trade and candy, and ray lamontagnes version of crazy which i have just found on the wonderfull spotify

Creg

At the moment Im listening to quite a mixed bag of stuff.

Just downloaded a DJ Premier Mixtape, the 20th Anniversary Rare Play one. Some really good tracks on it from Verbal Threat, KRS-One, Royce 5’9 and Biz Markie.

Also got my hands on a copy of Rob Swifts Turntable Jazz Vol 1 which is very good, as well as Petestrumentals by Pete Rock and a DJ Mitsu Breaks and Beats album. All good chilled out jazzy hip-hop turntablism stuff.

Also been listening to a lot of abstract trip hop/turntablism from the likes of DJ Vinroc, Leaf, DJ Signify and DJ Egadz. Great if you like older Shadow and Krush stuff.

Other stuff is mostly rock/metal/progressive stuff, bands like Miss May I, Constants, Leo Project, Maylene And The Sons Of Disaster, Blood Stain Child, Killswitch Engage, Vs The Ocean, Underneath The Gun.

RichPenny
    Free Member

DJ Signify, have the creepy one on Lex, love that. Has he done much else?

Creg

Ive got an album called Of Cities (which has a brilliant track featuring Aesop Rock called Low Tide) and No Sleep More both by Signify, not sure if they are the ones you have.

Also forgot to mention Evil9, their album You Can Be Special Too is absolutely excellent, some fantastic breakbeat stuff.

ctznsmith
    Free Member
    Blackflag
    Free Member

Anything Jo Whiley tells me…..

Macinblack
    Free Member

Currently expelling my earwax with Anaal Nathrakh – Constellation of the Black Widow.

lyons
    Free Member

That cycantific song empty streets is great whoever reccomended that.

For me it is :

Lone – My favorite artist EVER and probably allways will be, every one should hear this guy in my opinion. – http://www.myspace.com/lonemusic

Leatherettes – Makes j Dilla aetc sound like ammateurs

Nosaj Thing – wierd orchestral dance?

and a Claude Von stroke mix cd that came with mix mag ages ago…

CountZero

Christ on a pogo stick, reading through this second page I’m feeling like Bunnyhop, there’s so much stuff I’ve never heard of, which just goes to prove how diverse music can be, and just how much there is out there to discover. So little time, so little money…

Singlespeedpunk
    Free Member

Black Flag, Rancid, NoFX/Rancid split EP, Wintersleep (Orca from “Seasons” DVD) and the new Today is the Day album…for some extra rage 🙂

SSP

xherbivorex
    Free Member

last.fm

aslongasithaswheels
    Free Member

this week, i ave been mostly listening too

but tomorrow (and after glasto on the tv tonight) i presume it’ll be

lister-hooded
    Free Member

THE RIVER … sheer class

is a dream a lie if it don’t come true or is it something worse ?

chvck
    Free Member

Currently binging on late 90’s drum n bass and trying to spread my tentacles a little further into dubstep and electro, oh and, quite worryingly, gabba :/

CountZero

Tonight I’ve listened to Curved Air, (bought today), Indigo Girls ‘Poseidon and the Bitter Pill’, Rodrigo et Gabriella, and Devon Sproul ‘!Don’t hurry for Heaven!’. All very fine stuff indeed.

doug_basqueMTB.com

Last few albums I’ve had on:
    Louden Wainwright III – Attempted Moustache
    Captain Beefheart & the Magic Band – The Spotlight Kid / Clear Spot
    Big Brother and The Holding Company – Cheap Thrills
    The Seeds – The Seeds (just discovered these guys)
    David Bowie – The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and….
    The Shins – All of their albums
    Band of Horses – Cease to Begin
    Martha Wainwright – I know your Married But ….
    Miles Davis – Kind of Blue
    MC5 – Kick Out The Jams
    Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass Band – Whipped Cream and Other Delights

I love these threads, kind of out of touch with what’s happening music wise out here and I’ve been downloading furiously thanks to this thread!

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member
    clareymorris

Just driven back up from Cheltenham and couldn’t get enough of Audioslave and their Out of Exile CD………..absolutely fab driving music. Didn’t take me long to get home!!!

kennyp
    Free Member

At the moment it’s a band called Flogging Molly.

Nick

loads of stuff, William Elliot Whitmore’s good though

Try ‘Old Devils’ for starts

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 80 total)

The topic ‘What’s floating yer boat, music wise?’ is closed to new replies.