Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)
  • What's everyone up to the weekend?
  • fathomer

So what’s everyone up to? Weather looks ok for most places after last nights/today’s biblical rain. Is the summer ever going to appear properly??

I’m completely free tomorrow, so the world is my oyster but have no one to ride with. Might head to the Peaks around Ladybower but might just go for a long road ride. Who knows!

Sunday I’m doing the 5 Dales Circuit in the White Peak with friends all meet through this place. Looking forward to it.

binners

Off to Keswick for the weekend with Mrs Binners. We’ve taken the precaution of booking into the George tomorrow evening, for the legendary cow pie….

Thats going to take some serious walking off on Sunday 😀

fathomer

Ohh, that looks frickin amazing and I’m going to the Lakes in September.

Unfortunately not staying near Keswick 🙁

sandwicheater

^^^^^ I need that in my life. Makes note.

Off to capital city. Fun, cake and beer for me. No riding though 😥

northernmatt

Work tomorrow but taking the boy to Hamsterley on Sunday to see which bits of the little skills loop he can do.

Drac

Work tomorrow nothing planned for Sunday.

Off to Keswick for the weekend with Mrs Binners. We’ve taken the precaution of booking into the George tomorrow evening, for the legendary cow pie….

I do hope you sit outside in your dedicated area. 😆

beano68
    Free Member

**** !!! that looks lush ! 😉

pondo

Wedding tomorrow, quiet day Sunday… 🙂

jekkyl

I’m cycling tonight if the rain holds off and then I’m off to cornwall with wife and child tomorrow. We’re staying near St Ives self catering and miracle of miracles the wife is letting me take my bike! This means I shall be cycling every frigging day next week as the plan is for lazy mornings for wife and child while I get out and about and explore a brand new area on 2 wheels.

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

Getting drunk and fighting the locals in Whitehaven. Eh, marra !

nickc

I’m going to Antur Stiniog for the first time.

really looking forward to it. 8)

Tracey

House work today, cleaning the camper out tomorrow after our three and a half weeks trip. May get a ride in on Sunday.

fin25
    Free Member

40 hours at work between now and Sunday night, so, working…

Northwind

Diggin tomorrow then out seeing fringe shows in the evening… Might jump on the inners uplift on sunday if there’s space and I’m not hungover, got monday off just to use up holidays so probably doing some #glentressduro pre scottish champs. So I can raise myself from 300th to 299th.

Scapegoat

Off to watch England Play Les Bleus at Twickers.

cakefacesmallblock

MTB in Forest of Dean tomorrow morning. Ten mile walk on the Malverns in the afternoon .
    After wedding party in the evening.
    Local ride Sun PM.

squiff
    Free Member

VW festaval at harewood house tomorrow.

Road ride sunday

belugabob
    Free Member

Going for a spin on the South Downs tomorrow – punctuated by bacon butties and bidding farewell to the rather awesome Avro Vulcan which is doing its last year of flying displays.

hatter

Managed to negotiate a child-free weekend so in about 2 hours I’m loading up the van and heading to Wales with the bouncy bike!

Can’t bloody wait.

sparkyrhino

Cannock for a poke around.

tang
    Free Member

Daughter 1 is 16 on Sunday, picnic by the river if the bank is still there! Ride tomorrow whatever the weather.

kilo

Off to devon, family do, major PITA tbh, loads of travelling, no cycling and probably not much booze either

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m in Town this weekend (after last weekends awesome road rides in my bit of Hampshire) so can’t complain, well I can but I’ve chosen to go out for a CX ride on Sunday with a bunch of mates who I roadie with up here from the Club.
    I honestly don’t expect a great deal of fun to be had at all 😆

Tomorrow should be saying good bye to the Wife, honestly I’ve had enough of her and her petty snide comments so it’ll be a two fingered wave as she heads for Harrogate. Only trouble is, well I have to pick he back up the weekend after next 🙄
    Then I’ll take my bike up there and make the best of “The Hell of the Wath” route I created on the roadie. Might, might just take a good friend up if she’s behaving herself and brings pies.

So, lots. Looking good I say 😆

whitestone
    Free Member

Two day ride (with bivvy) round the Dales with my wife. Hopefully this deluge will have passed and the forecast sun will appear 🙄

13thfloormonk

Camping and hiking in Kintail, investigating the fabled and tempting looking through route of An Caorann Mor (boggy, apparently) and pitching up near the Allt Beithe hostel.

Forecast looks suspiciously good so something else will have to go wrong, biblical midgies I’m guessing…

Garry_Lager

Was planning on going large up ont Saddleworth moors. Now that 10 million tons of water have been lashed down, may need a rethink. Probably do something rocky but routine in the Peak.

gringo

Picking up a new frame tomorrow morning then decorating for the rest of the day. Riding in the Surrey Hills on Sunday 🙂

honourablegeorge

My 7 year old rose a red trail t COed-Y-Brenin and now believe’s he’s invincible, so I’m taking him to the bike park for some uplifts

ThePinkster

I’ll be doing my second MTB ride since being signed off my my consultant, a gentle pootle round the Chase.

Will also be taking delivery on Saturday of 3 more Springers so will have 5 in total until a week on Monday as we’re dog sitting for the stepdaughter.

So I guess I’ll be doing quite a bit of walking this weekend too.

scandal42
    Free Member

Hopefully out with Fathomer on Sunday in the White Peak.

Small road ride will be attempted tomorrow before hopefully listening to Leicester beat the Hammers.

fasthaggis

Setting out the signs (probably in the rain)for a race,help marshal on Sunday (maybe in the sun).

fathomer

Make it happen Matt 😀

TheBrick
    Free Member

Considering a bviv in the New Forest tomorrow. Nothing too far, jsut a ride out at 18:00 ish, pop down a fire road and find a quiet place to empty a hip flask and fall alseep.

yossarian
    Free Member

50 miler xc ride early doors tomorrow followed by an airshow which includes a Vulcan, bbmf and a typhoon.

Sunday will be a 20 mile xc ride then a regatta and swimming in the sea.

I am pretty happy with this actually 🙂

rudds
    Free Member

Heading to northern Ireland for 4 days with Mrs rudds for weeding anniversary and a couple of days riding the trails can’t wait 😀

ElectricWorry
    Free Member

Spent 7hrs riding various DH trails in Greno and Wharncliffe last Sunday. I will be doing pretty much EXACTLY the same thing this sunday.

Happy trails.

MoreCashThanDash

Next stage of a job interview saga Saturday morning. Might take kids for a little local ride/walk in the afternoon before going to see the Revolution evening session at Derby velodrome.

Sunday hoping for a long road ride, home alone again all next week so will be some evening blasts and extended commutes hopefully.

dannyh
    Free Member

Also out in the White Peak with fathomer on Sunday. The five dales circuit no less – I’ve never ridden it, so really looking forward to this.

Tomorrow the missus is at work so I’m entertaining/feeding/admonishing the kids all day – but in all fairness, they’re pretty good so it will be nice to spend some QT with them………..before clearing off for a day on the bike on Sunday to recuperate.

toby1

Sister-in-laws birthday Saturday so heading to Islington for an afternoon and evening. Then heading back to Cambridge for a brunch on Sunday to say Hi and Bye to a friend over from SA for a while.

The weekend will be over in the blink of an eye and I’ll be back at this desk again, just realised I’ve notched up 9 years here today, there’s something to celebrate/commiserate tonight.

Riding, I don’t know how you all fit so much of it in!

badnewz
    Free Member

I’d like to say getting my back wheels in, but I think I’ll be hedgetrimming on saturday and riding the bike on sunday.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘What's everyone up to the weekend?’ is closed to new replies.