Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Whats Eastridge like?
  • edward2000
    Free Member

Is Eastridge any good? How longs the trail? Worth a visit?

geologist
    Free Member

It’s my fav Shropshire trail centre, it’s great fun, short( 6 mile ish), steep, rooty and fun.
    A couple of laps is quite tough.

In fact I’m going there over llandegla on fri morning.

iain1775
    Free Member

Ace
    Loads of off piste stuff too that’s easy to find and can extend the loop by heading across to Stipperstones, descending to the pub and riding back again

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    chvck
    Free Member

Another vote for ace here. Love it there, great fun and although short it’s quite tough for the distance.

scruff
    Free Member

Its double ace. Proper riding with some signposts and as for the short distance it feels way harder.

Scamper
    Free Member

Yes, was surprised it was only 6 miles, felt like 10 – no chance of me getting up those switch back climbs on 1×9, either.

Simon

Only ridden there once at a round of the UK Gravity Enduro, liked it.

bails

I rode it a few weeks ago as part of a longer Long Mynd route.

I’m not sure I’d go all that way just to ride there as it is quite short, but the trails are fantastic. Quite natural & ‘cheeky’ feeling (probably due to the low traffic compared to somewhere like Cannock Chase, Llandegla) rather than the more open, relatively groomed stuff I’ve ridden at other trail centres. Fairly low speed techy sections with a few more flowy bits.

Definitely worth riding but not a place to take beginners!

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Great. Good XC loop and loads of other trails to play on too.

Speshpaul

you will be going up or down, there is nothing inbetween, lots of rocks, lots of techy stuff.
    i live there, so its interesting to see the influx of riders when it gets featured in a mag, and here what they have to say………..
    ” its not like cannock!” is my favourite 😆
    theres a short techy climb then a drop on to a fire road followed by the switch back climb mentioned above straight out of the car park.
    from a trail design poin of view its a mare, many people blow themselves up at the start then spend the rest of the ride recovering.
    take it steady from the get-go.

scruff
    Free Member

Start is a killer from the carp ark, next time I’ll go up the fireroad, around & back to start then do the switchback climbs and back down the Student or 98 DH.

Speshpaul

i’ve heard it said that the switch backs are best ridden down in the dark….. but i wouldn’t know about that.

iain1775
    Free Member

Joels cheeky DH track is great 🙂

eggshellblonde
    Free Member

Eastridge isn’t like most trail centres as a real effort has been made to keep a natural feel to the trails. Quite a mix there, singletrack 6″ wide, switchbacks and some very steep descents. A couple of areas are classed as red and are harder than a lot of places black runs. Lots of twisty and techy.
    Don’t all come tho’ it’s great nice and quiet.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Whats Eastridge like?’ is closed to new replies.