Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • whats bontrager sealant like
  • meeeee
    Free Member

my stans has run out and need some more, just wondered what the longer lasting ones were like, eg the bontrager superjuice, or i think theres a Geax one. Its for using with some Mud-X tyres if that makes any difference (tubless but lgithweight and rewuire sealant to hold air)

Thanks

aP
    Free Member

The bontrager stuff is rubbish, if you want really long lasting gloop get the Hutchinson stuff.

DezB
    Free Member

It worked brilliantly the one time I got a puncture in my Mud-X. Blocked the hole, stopped the air leaking out and I carried on with the ride.

"Rubbish"? Couldn't really ask for more from a sealant than that!

btw, it is rubbish if it gets mixed with other sealant though. Just congeals.

BigJohn

I used bonty superjuice with bonty rims and a TLR bonty tyre.

Great for about 4 months then I added a bit more and great for another 2 months, now its all porous and i have to pump it up every 2 days (or get round to finding what's wrong and fixing it).

Solo
    Free Member

Super juice didn't work with my MUD Xs on Mavic XM819s.

I now use the Hutchinson Protect air sealant. Only had one thorn so far…

I pulled a twig from my front tyre which was rotating with the wheel, and out comes the thorn along with some air, I just spun the wheel so that the hole was at the bottom and it sealed in seconds.

I just continued the ride, no pumping the tyre up, no faffage what so ever. That pretty much sold the Hutchinson stuff for me. I've had it in my tyres for months, probably 6 months now and it doesn't appear to have solidified, etc.

Solo.

bmxben
    Free Member

had great experience with bonty juice, sealed rims and bonty tyres. Holds air well if you get the initial seal right on a new tyre, don't swop my tyres around much, but can take one off and mount direct to another wheel no problem.

Not tried any alternatives though and been happy enough so far.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Anyone used specialized airlock?

DezB
    Free Member

racing_ralph – Member
    Anyone used specialized airlock?

What?! There's a brand I haven't tried?! Dammit

Bimbler
    Free Member

I'm not sure if they've changed the recipe but in the last couple of years it was proper rubbish when I used it. Went through a couple of bottles and never got it to seal properly. This was using Bontrager UST rims with Bontrager TR tyres and using a Bontrager rim strip. Bought Wheel Milk and haven't had any problems.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘whats bontrager sealant like’ is closed to new replies.