Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Whats best superstar pad
  • howie1
    Free Member

Hi, Whats best superstar disc pad to go for sinteted or semi métal?
    Think kevlar on es dissappear at an alarming raté.

binners

We’re entering the time of year where the kevlars are great! In the winter they last about ten miles. In summer, they’re spot on!

Northwind

I use kevlars all year round… But that does depend on where you are, a bit, they’re pretty immune to the mud in most places I ride once bedded in but if you ride in abrasive grit mud they just evaporate.

Otherwise, sintered.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Mostly ride in the peak district. Sintered in winter, Kevlar in summer.

howie1
    Free Member

Mostly south downs,gorrick races & swinley .

stevomcd
    Free Member

I used to like the Kevlars, but we had a load of them for our rental bikes last summer and they were hopeless. Disappearing within half a day.

peteandsoo
    Free Member

sintered Year round and cheap as chips

howie1
    Free Member

Cheers for all the advice, points towards sintered as way to go.

thepurist

Howie – similar riding to you & I use sintered in the winter, kevlar in the summer.

Northwind

stevomcd – Member

I used to like the Kevlars, but we had a load of them for our rental bikes last summer and they were hopeless. Disappearing within half a day.

I fitted a new set on the tuesday and they lasted out the week with loads of life left!

bartimaeus
    Free Member

I think it depends on your local conditions. I use kevlar year round and really rate them – but go somewhere sandy or gritty and sintered are better.

grum
    Free Member

I used to get on well with the Kevlars but not so much recently (possibly since moving to Hebden where there’s plenty of grit-paste).

Trying out some German (I think) sintered ones off ebay at the mo.

spooky_b329

Kevlar here but they really do benefit from five minutes bedding them in on tarmac before going into the mud.
    However my latest batch (Mini Mono) are doing the old seperating trick with the pad material falling off.
    I bought Formula Oro pads at the same time and they are unaffected.

bedmaker

Anotehr vote for kevlar here, bedded in with a good heat down the hill behind the house before using offroad.

They were out of stock recently so I got some Uberbike race compound one. Easily the worst pads I’ve ever used . No power and made the most hideous howl which vibrated through the whole bike!

pedlad

I’m trying über bike race after using superstar Kevlar for a few years and not overwhelmed with performance….

SS Kevlar vote from me too

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Whats best superstar pad’ is closed to new replies.