Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • whats been in your helmet?
  • chico
    Free Member

for 2 miles today i had this feeling in my helmet but thought its a fly it will get out. after it started to thud into my head i stopped for a look and cacked myself when this huge bee flew out.

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

A legend.

petrieboy

got stung by a very angry giant wasp type thing once. the time from it flying in mid descent to me pulling up and ripping the helmet off was enough for it to sting me several times. i thought my head was going to explode!

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

Used to ride motorbikes a few years ago, put my visor down one day as I was going to speed up to see a wasp on the inside about half inch from my nose! It was enclosed with not much space to fly around in, stopped quickly to sort that one out.

Yesterday going down a hill on the mtb on a busy narrow road I heard a thud on top of my helmet and felt something in there, couldn’t stop for a few hundred yards cos there’s no where to stop without stopping the traffic too and I’m sure I could still feel something there, I worried for those few hundred yards that something was going to sting me! Nothing there by the time I stopped and got me helmet off?

Northwind

I rode over to a friend’s place a while back, went to pick up my helmet when I was leaving, and there was a kitten sleeping in it 😆 Didn’t quite make it as far as my head before I noticed though

brakes
    Free Member

is that why people wear those stupid buff things?

Tracker1972
    Free Member

brakes – Member
    is that why people wear those stupid buff things?

Not why, I wear one to keep sweat off, warmth in winter etc. but didn’t have one the other day, something flew into my helmet as has happened before but it buzzed and thrashed and I could feel it, freaked me out a bit to be honest.
    So a Buff may well help, another reason to have one (or a cheap/free replica 🙂 )

Travis

have thoughts from ‘On the Buses’

[edit] although it wasn’t a helmet [edit]

nicemonkey
    Free Member

About a week ago I found a snail in my helmet when I took it off…I must be getting slow in my old age to be mugged by a snail!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘whats been in your helmet?’ is closed to new replies.