Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • What's all the fuss about krispy kreme?
  • bigG
    Free Member

Surely they are just blinking donuts?

Bunch of folk going wild in the office because our canteen is having them in March.

Totally underwhelmed, am I missing something?

ormondroyd
    Free Member

Shite overpriced rubbish

Houns

They are horrible, taste like cr@p. IMO they only cover them in so much stuff to disguise the horrid fatty taste they have

Drac

NIce but expensive.

binners

Another triumph of marketing over intelligence in relieving idiots of money.

Or the ‘Harley Davidson Principle’ as it should be known

mudshark
    Free Member

Whenever they arrive in the office I’m more than happy to eat them – and the ones for those that worry about their weight.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Just donuts innit.

ThePinkster

They’re definitely not proper doughnuts. Never understood why folks get so obsessed by them either.

now something like this would be another matter….

molgrips
    Free Member

No, they are incredibly sweet sickly doughnuts, and they are baked too.

My wife likes them because they are a passable approximation to the US doughnuts that she likes back home, but much worse. The ones her family get from Pick’n’Save are bigger cakier, more balanced with the sweetnes and a lot nicer all round.

She hates the Tesco 10 for 99p jam doughnuts though, which I love far more than CK.

The only CK one I actually like is the custard filled one.

enfht
    Free Member

A fat bird in work explained that when the Krispy Kreme neon sign flashes it means that a fresh batch has just come out the oven and you can get one free.

Another fat bird confirmed this to be correct.

binners

enfht’s colleagues discuss lunch….

crush83
    Free Member

forgrt CC, Tim Hortons is where its at!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Tim Hortons is where its at!

Oh yeah. They know their donuts. MmmmmmmmTimbits 🙂

marcus7
    Free Member

Mmmmm Krispy kreme, the slagging off on here is all i need to know that i’m right to like them… although i do look like homer simpson clutching his heart after having one….

warton
    Free Member

The original glazed are nice, the others are shite. Greggs custard caramel doughnuts are far, far superior

plumber
    Free Member

CC – shit
    Timmys – absolute utter shite
    Tescos – marginal at best
    super 8 – life threatening

and I love sweet cakie stuff me

andymc06
    Free Member

M&S Yum Yums and where it’s at!

Houns

Yep can’t beat a yum yum, waitrose custard and apple ones are nice too.

However the ultimate doughnut must be those fresh hot sugared ones you get at funfairs etc mmmm

brakes
    Free Member

I am partial to a custard one when they get brought into the office on birthdays, but I do spend the rest of the day feeling sick and then having bowelly problems.

those fresh hot sugared ones you get at funfairs

there are two smells in the world that make me want to rip out my olfactory nerve, that is one of them, the other is the Lush soap shops.

cchris2lou

In their Bluewater shop , you can see them being cooked in the fryer , then covered in sugar .
    Disgusting .

brooess
    Free Member

So, remind me how the UK got to be the fattest country in Europe?

molgrips
    Free Member

Krispy Kreme have a shop in Cardiff. It’s ok to go and get a doughnut there but the coffee is really really bad.

FuzzyWuzzy

They’re OK but very overrated, best tasting donuts I find are the warm plain ones with just sugar being flogged out of mobile vans at fair grounds, I’m sure they’re not the best quality though :p

somouk
    Free Member

I quite like them and the fact they sell them at almost every service station I stop at when in the UK doesn’t help. Some of the flavours are a bit sugary but some are really nice.

Their billionaire brownie however is really nice!

The worst donuts I’ve ever had are Dunkin Donuts by far yet the US seems to love them and I barely see Krispy Kreme out here.

toby1

If I worked in a place they had them available at lunch I’d hand my notice in.

I love sugary crap and they are exactly that!

eyerideit
    Free Member

am I missing something?

An increased chance of getting Diabetes is the only thing I can think of.

brakes
    Free Member

So, remind me how the UK got to be the fattest country in Europe?

Tesco’s fault.

DISCLAIMER: probably.

portlyone

Same as most cakes, they look better then they taste.

Never even had the desire to try one. Not my thing

molgrips
    Free Member

Same as most mass produced cakes, they look better then they taste.

FTFY

binners

I feel so left out. I hate cakes of any description

Why won’t Greggs start doing a big box full of various pies, sausage rolls and pasties. Heaven…..

butcher

They’re not even nice donuts. They’re like sugar filled cardboard with a topping of your choice. No character whatsoever.

I really don’t get why they’re so popular. Give me a plain old jam donut any day. 6 for a pound too.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Local bakers does these massive ones proper chewy doughy monsters can’t stand crispy creme too sweet and the dough is too light. Nothing beats a brown derby though.

eyerideit
    Free Member

Ring donut, still warm and fried in ground nut oil with no sugar for me please!

Deeeeeeelicious. 😛

maccruiskeen

Not even as good as donuts. Bought a bag of three when there was nothing else available, chucked them away half eaten. They taste like Type 3 Diabetes (thats like Type 2 Diabetes but one louder.)

molgrips
    Free Member

Type 3 Diabetes

Proper lol 🙂

In there defence a little bit, if you get fresh they are a bit better than they are last thing at night. You can kind of see what they’re aiming for – light and fluffly. Still don’t like them much, but they are better.

DickBarton

Heard of this new Type 1.5 but I much prefer the sound of Type 3…very good.

CountZero

Best donuts in the world are Sainsbury’s strawberry jam ones. Fact. I honestly can’t see any set of circumstances where I would voluntarily walk into a Krispy Kreme and buy some of their products.

Cougar

As a fat man trapped in a thin man’s body, I can confirm that there’s a good deal of difference between the fresh ones from a KK store and the ones that have been in a supermarket / service station cupboard for an indeterminate length of time.

Damn it. I want a doughnut now.

And by “a”, I mean “six.”

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘What's all the fuss about krispy kreme?’ is closed to new replies.