Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Whats Afan like this time of year
  • bruders338
    Free Member

As the title really got a mate on leave on the 29th of feb so thinking of spending a couple of days here.

davidjey
    Free Member

Er a bit cold, wet and muddy like the rest of South Wales really 🙂

It’s a trail centre so as you’d expect everything is perfectly rideable if a bit wet and slippy in places.

No trail closures at the moment for forestry work, everything is open and the machinery all seems to have cleared off to the other side of the valley for the time being.

bruders338
    Free Member

sounds good to me not too worries about the cold and the wet.. as long as i can ride i’m happy

bruders338
    Free Member

Right i have booked up to stay at Afan lodge for the end of this month.

Can anyone tell me what the trails are like at the moment. (covered in snow etc etc).

That would be a great help

hugor
    Free Member

No snow left but lots of mud!

creamegg
    Free Member

was in cwmcarn earlier today (an hour east of afan) and it was warm/mild, trails were slightly muddy in places but generally quite dry for this time of year. No ice or snow.

sonofapitch
    Free Member

Great! and no one else on the trails 🙂

sonofapitch
    Free Member

Great! and no one else on the trails 🙂

sonofapitch
    Free Member

So I said it twice….

br
    Free Member

Its a trail centre, so its not real mud – as in stop your wheels turning type mud, more just ‘slime’.

And its faster in the wet 🙂

chopchop
    Free Member

Rode around the Wall and some of Whytes today and the ground is in great condition. Theres a few boggy areas but the last 3 sections of the Wall and Windy Point are all fast and generally firm.

DT78
    Free Member

Is pen open?

hugor
    Free Member

no

bruders338
    Free Member

i cannot wait now really looking forward to it.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

Did whites today. Everything was fine. The open part of energy was a quagmire as usual though, but it’s always like that.

Carpediem
    Free Member

Very Dark

davesmate
    Free Member

Make sure you stock up with break pads, the pastey mud eats them for breakfast. I’d “done” a set by the halfway point of W2 on a winter ride there last year. Brilliant fun though.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Whats Afan like this time of year’ is closed to new replies.