Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • whats a strip of wasteground worth?
  • georgecats_0
    Free Member

anyone ever bit a bit of land-6mtr x 15mtr approx im trying to buy a bit off neighbour but dont know what its worth-its for a garden by the way-not a building

PeaslakeDave
    Free Member

my guess is £3000

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

It’s worth about exactly what you are willing to pay for it. Ask them what they want for it and see if it’s broadly similar.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Does it come with mineral rights or not?

Conqueror
    Free Member

if you can grow truffles it might be worth more

5thElefant
    Free Member

A guy I know paid £30k (10+ years ago) for something similar.

Holmesey
    Free Member

anyone ever bit a bit of land-6mtr x 15mtr approx

I bit some land falling off my bike, but my teeth were only strong enough to bite about 1m x 2.4m, you’re gonna need great nashers for 90 sq m mate

peterfile
    Free Member

i have a related question – how long is a piece of string normally?

Incidentally, is the land located in an out of town plot near middlesborough, or is it in High Holborn (not that it will make any difference to the value, i’m just curious)?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Individual stringettes – a hundred uses around the home!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Incidentally, is the land located in an out of town plot near middlesborough, or is it in High Holborn (not that it will make any difference to the value, I’m just curious)?

I’d hazard a guess it might be just a teeny bit higher in High Holborn. I could be wrong. I dunno.

Think yourself lucky it’s not late Eighties Tokyo:

Prices were highest in Tokyo’s Ginza district in 1989, with choice properties fetching over 100 million yen (approximately $1 million US dollars) per square meter ($93,000 per square foot).

😯

😯

😯

loddrik
    Free Member

Depends on location, any planning restrictions, access issues etc

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

What you need, is a nice sympathetic government to set a ridiculously low price for the plot of land, enabling you to reap massive rewards from the subsequent development of it…

psychle
    Free Member

is a nice sympathetic government to set a ridiculously low price for the plot of land

yeah, but would anyone have built out there in the first place if it hadn’t been offered el cheapo?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Course, it’s London.

The land may have bin used for much needed housing for locals, had no wealthy development corporations stepped in. Shooduv really.

Anyway, that’s all a bit political and don’t help the OP none. I’d have a shufty abahyt for other plots nearby, see what they’ve gone for. Local Land Registry or something down he council offices should have the info.

PeaslakeDave
    Free Member

land is not worth very much unless planning permission is likely or has been granted. there is not much money in empty land that is going to stay undeveloped

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘whats a strip of wasteground worth?’ is closed to new replies.