Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • What's a similar saddle to a Spoon, that isn't a spoon?
  • vertebratetom

I’ve used a Spoon for years with no problems and still think they’re ace on my mountain bikes.

But the one on my road bike is killing me and I want to change it.

Any suggestions?

ElShalimo

you could try a Madison Prime? It’s the road version of the Flux (Spoon) and find both comfy

vertebratetom

Ta. Nice and cheap too…

slowjo
    Free Member

Try your lbs first off.

If you spend hours and hours in the saddle (on a roadie) it really needs to be comfortable. It is such a personal thing, what works for one will probably not work for another.

My mate swears by Flite but I think they are the work of the devil. ironically, the best saddle I have come across recently (for my road bike) is the one that came with it! I only found this out after trying lots of others ad getting nowhere with any of them.

nano
    Free Member

If you want to stick with Charge (?) Scoop or the Knife which is much more roadie (slimmer profile, ti rails). Used both and preferred the knife as it’s a bit stiffer.

GHill

I’ve got the Madison Prime on my CdF, my bum seems to like it. YSBMV (Your Sit Bones May Vary).

Jamie
    Free Member

My bum also approves the Madion Prime…also had it on a Croix De Fer.

lunge

My arse is a big fan of old style Flite saddles but they do take a bit of breaking in. If you don’t want to be guessing get to a shop with trial saddles and try and few, I know Fizik and Selle Italia do trials.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘What's a similar saddle to a Spoon, that isn't a spoon?’ is closed to new replies.